ABOUT THE ROLE
The Key Account Executive, reporting to the Head of Commercial & Domestic Sales for Armstrong Medical Limited will be responsible for maintaining and developing the relationships with key business accounts.
While building and developing the relationship at all levels in the partner organisation, the role will ensure administrational needs are fulfilled whilst driving additional revenues from these customers. Liaising cross-functionally with internal and Group departments including, Finance, HR, Operations, R&D and Regulatory. The role is based in Coleraine although some travel may be required from time to time.
The Key Account Executive is the first point of contact between the operational team of the relevant Business Partners and Armstrong Medical, and is involved with most aspects of the day-to-day business. They will contribute to the company’s strategic plan for this segment of the business. This will include contribution to S&OP, coordinating the training of business partners’ sales teams, and the coordination of meetings, notes & actions.
They must maintain a high level of knowledge about each key account including regulation and registration, products, demand planning, sales channels, competitive environment, etc. – and be ready to inform the business of performance and of changes which may affect performance.
The role will require a high standard of sales & forecasting analysis and reporting, financial analysis, and detailed budgeting.
Account performance management
- Monitor and report on business performance SLAs and KPIs (both internal and those of the customer).
- Track, analyse and report internally on monthly sales versus budget, and participate in monthly review meetings with the key Business Partners.
- Coordinate meetings between Armstrong Medical and the Key Business Partners ensuring accurate records are maintained and actions are followed up in a timely manner.
- Identify and acquire additional revenue streams through collaboration with Key Business Partners.
- Act as liaison between the Business Partner and Armstrong Medical Finance Department with regards credit control.
- Ensure complaints are dealt with efficiently and effectively ensuring total customer satisfaction.
Order processing, demand planning and inventory management
- Coordination of end-to-end order processing including the processing of orders in a timely manner, liaising with operations to advise customers on promise dates, preparation of relevant transportation documentation, liaising with warehouse and logistics re on-time despatches.
- Attend and contribute to Operations and S&OP meetings in relation to Key Business Partner issues and demand.
- Contribute data and information to the budgeting and forecasting process. Arrange meetings with key operational personnel of the Business Partner to closely align on their forecast requirements.
- Maintain live forecast requirements in the appropriate systems and liaise with operational planning to ensure customer need-by dates are achievable.
- Identify issues in advance and agree solutions with the Business Partners.
Analysis and market understanding
- Via networking and relationships with key contacts build understanding of market and alert the organisation to changes in trends, market conditions, events, competitor activity etc.
Communicating and influencing key relationships
- Build strong relationship with main point of contact at customer, the Global Product Manager, as well as other channel managers and operational experts.
- Understand the MRL (Medical, Regulatory, Legal) process and network with key contacts within that process to ensure all messaging and materials are fully compliant.
- Regularly update Head of Commercial & Domestic on activity, challenges and opportunities to ensure the strategic and Commercial team relationships are well aligned.
- Internally, work closely with Head of Marketing sharing details of the customers’ marketing and campaign collateral to ensure appropriateness of branding and product positioning.
- Assist Head of Commercial & Domestic Sales with the development of new Commercial opportunities.
- Coordinate all aspects of on-boarding new Key Business Partners including, due diligence research, coordination between legal teams relating to NDAs and contracts, recording meeting notes and assigning actions in CRM, development of a Business Plan with agreed deliverables.
- Act as project manager to ensure the identified deliverables of new business opportunities are achieved within agreed timescales from lead development through to delivery of sales orders. This will require strong relationships and cross-functional collaboration across a wide variety of aspects such as regulatory, registration, labelling and packaging, and verification & validation.
- Develop a good understanding the structure, ethos, culture and strategy of the Business Partner.
- Identification of opportunities and threats / risk analysis.
- Development, execution and maintenance of strategic plan in line with overall company plan (updated quarterly.
- Assist the Head of Commercial & Domestic with the implementation of business strategy relating to the Key Business Partner, including New Product Launches and Marketing Campaigns.
- Creation and set-up of processes specific to the Business Partner to ensure adherence to agreed service levels, including account set-up on ERP system, understanding of Business Partner order processing, goods receipt system and shipping requirements.
- Work closely with business partners and marketing department to agree on and execute joint sales and marketing plan in line with stated objectives.
- Development of annual sales budgets and ongoing forecasting (at SKU Level).
- Reporting on performance against objectives to Head of Commercial & Domestic.
- Facilitation and problem solving.
- Supporting, monitoring and measuring projects being carried out with the business partner.
Communicating and influencing
- Maintain a productive network within Armstrong Medical to allow for information flow between the internal stakeholders and keep projects moving. Identify and highlight any potential roadblocks preventing the timely achievement of project stages.
- Maintain a productive network with the Business Partner and their team.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Third level qualification in Business / Management / Marketing (or relevant experience)
- Proven experience in large/key account management
- Experience of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Clear, professional communication
- Analytical with evidence of high-level numeracy
- Full driving license and willingness to travel.
- Experience working with large, corporate customers
- Project management experience (working with a cross-functional project team)
- Experience selling or knowledge of medical device sales
- Ability to work remotely and independently
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Head of Commercial & Domestic Sales (Line Manager)
- Head of Marketing
- Head of Operations and Operations Managers
- Group R&D
- Finance Team
- Key stakeholders of the Business Partners
- Medical, regulatory, legal
- Healthcare Professional KOLs
- Travel Requirements – occasional domestic and international travel to meet Key Business Partners and or stakeholders, primarily to review and align on operational plans, project management, promote product, educate and train.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.