ABOUT THE ROLE
Working as part of the Respiratory Operations Management team - Ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Amsorb Manufacturing activities at the Coleraine site, whilst maintaining product quality to the required Company standards through the Quality Management System. Champion pro-active cost control and execution on achieving delivery expectation for our customers. The role will be key to promoting a progressive Health, Safety and Environmental focused Culture.
- Maintain a robust traceability system for the Production departments, maintaining Production Records in accordance with the Quality Management System. Continue to improve the use of the computer software systems relevant to the Manufacturing section to maintain stock accuracy / control plus traceability of components through the manufacturing processes
- Meet all the Quality Management System requirements of the ISO 13485 (MDR) standard and CE marking legislation including all aspects of record keeping and document control (Ensuring compliance with and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures).
- Participate as required in External and Internal Auditing of the Quality Management System when required, ensure that corrective actions are taken in the event of any adverse variances.
- Participate in evolving FMEA activities to deliver effective CAPA’s for Amsorb Products and processes.
- Engender a culture of cleanliness and efficiency throughout the manufacturing environment utilising 5S and ensure that all operators and machinery perform to their optimum efficiency.
- Develop cost reduction and continuous improvement programmes, reducing current scrap levels for all product ranges in conjunction with Group Process Engineering.
- Ensure monthly stock takes are performed and results are shared with the relevant staff members where appropriate.
- Promote and execute on Production plans to achieve schedule attainment targets to exceed our Customer delivery expectations.
- Carry out regular communication & feedback sessions with direct reports – create objectives and development plans and ensure this is adopted within their teams.
- Managing the team’s absence, holidays and punctuality levels to correctly maintain production targets, taking the appropriate disciplinary actions where required.
- Implement disciplinary procedures and policies as and when required.
- Liaise with all other Departments when required to ensure the smooth running of the Business i.e. Planner/Buyer, Warehouse, IT, Maintenance etc.
- Responsible for pro-active Health and Safety in the Amsorb Manufacturing areas, ensuring that safe working conditions and practices are maintained in line with the Health & Safety at Work Legislation. Responsible for owning and driving a positive safety culture on site.
- Anticipate and act on any potential hazards, initiating and progressing any remedial measures where required.
- Generate and maintain Risk Assessment Data for all aspects of the Production Departments including all equipment and processes.
- Liaise with Senior Management to prepare the Production Departments for future automatic production systems and manage the cultural transition to a more automated manufacturing environment.
- Ensure all tooling / Machinery are maintained, repaired, and refurbished to meet the needs of the Business.
- Develop, prepare, and submit monthly written management reports summarising Production KPI performance, Absenteeism, Customer Complaint investigations, manning levels etc. for top management and participate at monthly management meetings.
- Investigate customer product complaints then devise and implement corrective / preventative actions where necessary against reoccurrence.
- Liaise with other disciplines in the Company to ensure harmonious and effective working throughout the organisation.
- Participate effectively in product development, product design / design changes and new tooling projects as required.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Proven experience within a regulated Manufacturing / Production environment
- Significant experience of people management and leadership
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organised with the ability to assess priorities based upon the wider business demands
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong Networking capability with internal and external customers
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience within Medical Device manufacturing
- Ambitious individual with potential for career development
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Amsorb Production Team
- Respiratory Operations Team
- Domestic, International & Commercial Respiratory Therapeutic Sales Teams
- Other members of the Enabling & Support Functions
- Eakin Healthcare Group
- Suppliers / Customers
- Ability to travel as necessary with overnight stays with prior notice
Leadership – Likes to take charge of, control and direct the people and activities in their work arena. Clearly sees the way ahead, influences and encourages others to follow their lead in order to achieve goals.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.