ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Product & Marketing, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for the execution of the product vision and strategy of the UK Ostomy Group, as well as overseeing the day-to-day management and development of the Group’s product portfolio.
The Senior Product Manager is an expert in the UK Ostomy specialty so that future needs and market insights are known and are converted into products suitable for future competitive commercial offerings. They must clearly understand and be able to articulate the intent behind any new product or product release.
This is a Senior position within the Product Management function, that has the overall responsibility of managing all stages of activity within the product lifecycle, helping underpin the wider commercial strategy.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing the development of the Product Management Team, the quality of their output and their effectiveness as a team.
- In close collaboration with Eakin R&D (ERD), the Senior Product Manager will play a leading role in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, ensuring that market and user requirements are translated correctly into commercially attractive product offerings.
- Working closely with the ERD innovation team, the Senior Product Manager will be required to identify new opportunities in the ostomy arena and into adjacent therapeutic areas where appropriate.
- You will ensure that UK Ostomy plays an active and key role in the Group’s NPI stage-gate process to ensure products are brought to market in a timely and successful manner.
- Oversee the management of UK user trials as necessary to inform the product development process and interpret the data for a successful implementation.
- Working closely with the Marketing Team, develop the core positioning and compelling messaging for all new products based on user insights and trials.
- Be responsible for uncovering key market and user insights, and ensuring their requirements are translated correctly into commercially attractive product offerings
- Lead the use of a variety of techniques and sources such as focus groups, online communities, qualitative & quantitative research, post-market surveillance, sales and nursing teams; to ensure we are up-to-speed on market trends and have an appropriately prioritised product roadmap.
- Be the key agent of UK Ostomy market understanding - working closely with both internal and external clinical specialists to identify, understand and drive improvements and development of the U.K. commercial offering.
- Work closely with product users to develop an insight and user-centred approach to the Group’s product development and marketing strategies.
- Be an expert with respect to understanding the effectiveness of Group products in the marketplace, including the analysis and interpretation of pre and post market user assessment data, and make recommendations for product improvements / developments.
- Using a variety of metrics, monitor the commercial performance of Group products in the marketplace (old and new) and be able to formulate and articulate strategies when intervention is required.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of all Group products, including all “end of life” activity following product discontinuation to minimise commercial risk and maximise customer retention.
- Be an expert with respect to the UK stoma market and the wider healthcare landscape including competitor products and commercial activities.
- Ensure there is appropriate market access to our products and services, through the submission and maintenance of our products & services on various UK listings, including but not limited to the national Drug Tariffs and the more localised and regional formulary listings.
- Take a highly analytical approach to understanding market dynamics, spearheading investigation and analyses into products and markets and ensuring that, in working with the commercial functions of the business, we develop commercially attractive propositions.
- Work closely with the wider commercial team to maximise opportunities for both new and existing product ranges.
- Lead the Product Team’s responsibility to act as product champions. Ensure the presentation and appearance of our products is of the highest standard and to report any changes or areas of concern to the Head of Product & Marketing and/or the Head of Manufacturing Services.
- Working with the wider Product & Marketing Department, contribute to the development and delivery of the UK Ostomy ‘ProfEd’ and ‘MedEd’ offerings.
- Oversee the management of 3rd party goods inspections process for Pelican and Respond products to ensure all branded products that a released into the market as fit for purpose are of a high standard.
- Oversee the management of the product training induction process for all new employees, and where appropriate, tailor the training to match the requirements/nature of the role.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of formal product training to external stakeholders to support commercial activity as required.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- BSc/BA in relevant field
- Professional qualification in Marketing, Product Management, or equivalent
- Previous Product Management experience
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to network internally and externally
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Advanced level Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in ostomy or medical devices
- Marketing/Sales experience
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Marketing Team
- TG Eakin Product & Insights Team
- UK Ostomy Senior Leadership Team
- Eakin R&D
- Group functions: HR, Finance, Operations, QARA
- Suppliers / Customers
- Patient Advocacy Groups
- UK SCN community
- Wider healthcare networking
- Design consultancies
- People: 1 direct report (Product Manager), 1 indirect report (Product Executive)
- Budget / resources: In line with development projects
- Travel Requirements: UK and international (as required)
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
People Management – Enjoys identifying and growing talent, encourages and fosters a collaborative approach and holds team members accountable. Clearly identifies team strengths and utilise these for the overall achievement of business goals.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.