ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Brand Manager – Pouches and Accessories, the Brand Executive - Ostomy will support the execution of the strategic marketing plan for our international product lines, in-line with the overall Ostomy Strategic plan. You will be working alongside the Brand Manager – Pouches and Accessories plus the wider product brand team to build brand awareness, brand equity and help drive growth and profitability.
Working in a highly collaborative way with the wider Product & Marketing Department and beyond, the Brand Executive - Ostomy will be committed to supporting insights led, thought provoking campaigns, that are on-brand, data driven and aligned to our commercial strategy.
The Brand Executive - Ostomy will be customer focused and passionate about brand development. They will also play a supporting role in global marketing management with marketing responsibility for several business partner markets.
- Working closely with the Brand Managers, you will be supporting initiatives that build strong brand awareness for the ostomy product range across all markets. Developing brand equity and helping drive growth and profitability with defined goals and targets.
- Working with the Brand Manager – Pouches and Accessories, you will help to develop clear positioning across the range in both the UK and international markets, supported by an evidence-based rationale.
- The Brand Executive - Ostomy will play a supporting brand guardian role for our entire Ostomy Product Brand, to ensure a consistent ‘look and feel’ across all customer interactions and that we always follow our brand & tone of voice guidelines.
- Support in the management of production material ensuring they are compliant with industry regulations and proofed for accuracy.
- The Brand Executive - Ostomy will be responsible for specific campaign development in partnership with the Brand Manager – Pouches and Accessories. Developing detailed briefs including country specifics, managing collaborative teams, and working with external design agencies to develop creative campaign materials, ensuring effective communication and execution in market.
- Working with the wider team, you will focus on integrated marketing campaigns – using strong clinical data, insights, and market research to create compelling assets that help drive awareness and loyalty.
- You will work closely with the Product & Insights team on future product claims, ostomate and nurse feedback, competitor monitoring etc.
- Working in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Team, you will co-ordinate the timely execution of digital elements of multi-channel campaigns and will work proactively to ensure their success.
- You will take a data driven approach to reporting on campaign success, contributing to the annual plan for brand & campaign tracking to meet the organisation’s needs and ensure rigorous evaluation of brand and campaign performance.
- The Brand Executive - Ostomy will also play a supporting role in campaign development across all other product categories.
- Support the Brand Management Team in execution and measurement of the strategic plan for our ostomy product brands.
- Help prepare, execute, and track the tactical global marketing plan for Product Brands including support with marketing materials for existing and new product launches and existing brands.
- Responsibility for researching specific areas of competitor activity on a regular basis and reporting back to the wider commercial team.
- Analyse market trends that may impact customer touchpoints and monitor customer voice across channels to support in identifying unmet needs or emerging trends.
- Assist the Product & Marketing team with further market analysis, customer analysis and competitor analysis as required.
- Support the Education and Events manager with event management and training provision.
- Typesetting of campaign material into multiple languages.
- Responsibility for purchase order management including print and promotional item management.
- Assuming marketing lead in several international markets - creating and executing tactical marketing plans and maintaining business partner relationships.
- Maintaining good working relationships with third party suppliers and identifying new suppliers when required.
- The Brand Executive - Ostomy will also carry out other duties as he/she/they deems fit in the execution of their role and duties as delegated by the Brand Manager – Pouches and Accessories or the employer on an ad hoc basis.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Marketing, Business or related.
- Experience working in a similar role within Marketing or Brand.
- Previous experience in campaign and brand development – helping develop and deliver marketing assets.
- Confident communicator, able to influence key stakeholders and communicate ideas, plans and campaigns to colleagues across the business.
- Time management skills - Well organised, with a logical approach and the ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Data driven, analytical.
- Thorough and persistent, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creative with a growth mindset.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Professional qualification in Marketing.
- Knowledge of Adobe In-design to create bespoke promotional material
- International experience.
- Previous experience in Ostomy Care or Wound Care.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Ostomy Global Marketing Team
- Ostomy Global Digital Marketing Team
- Ostomy Global Product & Insights Team
- Ostomy Global Clinical Team
- Ostomy Global Sales Team
- Group functions such as HR, Finance, IT, Operations, Regulatory and R&D
- Global SCN community
- Patient Advocates & Advocate Groups
- Wider healthcare network
- Business Partners
- Design agencies and other key suppliers
- Ability/ willingness to regularly travel within the UK (and occasionally internationally).
Creativity – Produces creative and original ideas and solutions. Likes to find and explore new ways of doing things. Comes up with alternative possibilities and options.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.