General Operator (Cleaner)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time role reporting to the Production Supervisor. The successful person will work within a small team ensuring all areas of our production facility meet high standards of hygiene. The majority of the cleaning duties will be in the production facility and in a clean room environment.
- Ensuring production floor, warehouse areas, canteens and toilets are maintained to the required hygiene standards.
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are completed within the set timeframes.
- Following a regular cleaning schedule and completing relevant checklists
- Operation of an industrial floor cleaner
- Handling cleaning products in accordance with the safety data sheets.
- Wearing PPE in the required areas
- Segregation of waste for recycling when appropriate
- Adhere to health, safety, and hygiene rules.
- Any other duties when required.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Previous cleaning experience in an industrial environment would be preferred.
- Previous training related to COSHH or health and hygiene would be beneficial.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job role.
- Ability to work well in a team and take pride their work.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to provide evidence of such, if invited to interview.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in carrying out quality checks
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Production Manager & Supervisor
- Process Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Quality Manager & Engineer
- Specialist Operators
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, has a strong conscience about getting things right, adheres to policy and standards.
Team Working – Likes to work in close proximity with other people, is happy to support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.