ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Services delivered to the International and R&D businesses based in Comber. Responsible for the roll out of assigned IT related projects within the group, this person will have a proven track record in IT Support and Service delivery.
This role is part of a team spread across multiple sites who are dedicated to delivering an outstanding IT service to the group. Working closely with the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Group IT Manager and decision makers in other departments this person will develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the group. This role will be a member of the TG Eakin Management Team and a member of the IT Leadership Team.
A primary focus over the next couple of years will be an ERP system project, which this role will be heavily involved with, and which will have a huge beneficial impact for the International and R&D businesses.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all ICT systems to include servers, SAN’s, Cisco switches, PCs, VOIP telephones, OSs, associated software, and peripherals.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Monitor Service Desk tickets and provide onsite and remote support with agreed SLA’s.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, VMware Cisco and Citrix technologies.
- Ensure security policies and practices are adhered too.
- Patch Management.
- Remote support for handheld smartphones and tablets.
- Advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting
- Document best practices and support procedures.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with department heads regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Direct line management responsibility of 1 Analyst
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction.
- Feed into the IT strategy as directed by the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- Adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Provide training to other departments about how best to use the systems available within the business.
- 5 - 10 years related work experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2019 in physical, Azure, Citrix and VMWare environments.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including Cisco/TCP.
- Extensive application support experience of Office 365.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server / ESX or Microsoft HyperV / Virtual Server.
- Managing deployments / rollouts.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Previous success in project delivery
- High levels of impact and influence
- University degree in the field of computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA) or equivalent certification.
- Management of enterprise SAN storage.
- Microsoft of Azure configuration, migration and administration.
- Certifications in ITIL, PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification and security qualification.
- Project Management of ERP related projects.
- Sage X3 configuration and management experience.
- Management of enterprise SAN storage.
- Microsoft Azure administration.
- Microsoft IIS administration.
- Office 365 administration.
- SharePoint administration and site development.
- SQL Server administration.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All department managers within the group to ensure their IT requirements are being met.
- All employees within the business to ensure they have no IT related issues in carrying out their jobs.
- IT Suppliers and support companies.
- Willingness/ability to travel to other Group sites including international travel as the business requires
- Direct line management of 1 Analyst
- The IT Manager will report into the Chief Information Officer
- Working hours: 8am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 8am – 2:30pm Friday
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which the best way is forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
People Management – Enjoys identifying and growing talent, encourages and fosters a collaborative approach and holds team members accountable. Clearly identifies team strengths and utilise these for the overall achievement of business goals.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.
Technical expert – Full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations