ABOUT THE ROLE
Cover all aspects of day to day warehouse and customisation work, to fulfil customer orders in a timely and accurate manner to meet Quality Standards and achieve Service Level Agreement and departmental KPIs. To achieve the high standards required by the nature of the business, the duties that the successful candidate will be undertaking include order collation and packing, product customisation, stock receipt, perpetual inventory checking plus general warehouse & admin duties.
Order Collation & Packing
- To collate stock orders using scanners, pack and prepare for despatch within the company guidelines
- Ensure warehouse and working areas are clean and tidy
- To ensure all documentation is correctly completed and maintained
- Maintain the accuracy of stock always using stock rotation and by promptly reporting any stock discrepancies
- To accurately customise products to the required standard when demand requires
- Ensure customised products are easily identifiable using the required identifier
- To ensure all cutting quality issues are reported to the Deputy Manager
- Receive incoming goods, check and sign paperwork for group of companies when required
- Assist with booking in and placing stock in appropriate stock position using scanners and desktop software
- Maintain quality, batch control and traceability of stock
- To ensure cut products are easily identifiable using the required identifier
Perpetual Inventory Checking
- Complete periodic accurate stock checks, reporting discrepancies to the Deputy Manager
- Ensure the quality of the product and storage condition is maintained at the highest possible standard
- Ensure stock is rotated correctly
- Ensure all orders are picked and packed accurately
- Ensure the warehouse is always well maintained
- Ensure regular stock rotation
- Ensure all incoming goods are checked and signed for when required
- Ensure that all functions meet the company ISO Quality standards
Measure of Performance
- Number of complaints received in regard to incorrect dispatches
- Number if complaints received in regard to poor customisation
- Has received full training in order to perform all above responsibilities
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Demonstrates competency in English and Maths
- Experience in using digital warehouse stock control systems
- Computer literacy
- Experience of warehouse environment
- Ability to write clear and concise English
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Flexible and proactive
- Warehouse system experience eg Sage, SAP
- Conscientious and able to act proactively and with limited direct supervision
- Lives locally
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Team of 12 working at the Nottingham warehouse
- Working closely with other internal departments to ensure a quality service maintained
- Meeting and communicating with couriers acting on behalf of the business, plus any other visitors to the Nottingham site
- Must be able to commute to the Nottingham site plus also be open to travel elsewhere within the UK
- Hours of work 42.5 hours per week from the hours of 08:30am – 17:30pm Monday – Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
- Additional hours may be required to meet business needs.
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.