ABOUT THE ROLE
Territory to include Dublin, Cork, Belfast.
Working in the operating theatre environs - maintaining and growing the sales for Eakin Surgical Ltd for the existing range of medical devices. Promoting and demonstrating new product lines to Surgeons, Clinical Nurse Managers (CNMs), Sisters and Theatre Managers.
This would suit a person who has 2 years sales experience in any industry, who is looking to expand their knowledge and career opportunities with a forward thinking, innovative & caring medical company
- To visit and promote the product lines throughout the island of Ireland
- Make appointments and visit operating theatre focussed departments
- Work cross functionally within the hospital setting (Sterile Services, Purchasing, Operating Theatre staff & management)
- Achieving / exceeding targets and shaping the Irish market
- Looking for new product lines – via ethnography, conversations, and contacts
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key contacts within accounts including Surgeon level, theatre managers and clinical managers.
- Following up leads and closing sales
- Drive sales of new and existing innovation products
- Exhibition planning and execution
- Identify and agree sales process with Sales Manager
- Work cross department with Quality, Operations, and larger group to achieve whole company goals
- Identify and manage conversions for all accounts on territory
- Identify and manage value added strategies to increase account sales value
- Optimise time management to ensure that support from marketing is passed to your accounts
- Develop a network of product champions
- Provide pro-active product management to the customer to ensure there is the optimal mix of products
- Monitor closely sales progress proactively managing any obstacles or delay by providing alternative solutions
- Regularly update and maintain the CRM system
- Provide product specific training when required
- Proactively manage clinical evaluations
- Ensure an up-to-date knowledge of the current market requirements and competitors.
- Ensure that all administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- In conjunction with Line Management develop and carry out a personal development plan.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Gaining customer feedback on medical device
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at Work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous experience in a face-to-face sales environment
- Ability to converse with a wide range of personalities and levels of seniority
- Able to work cross department with quality, operations, and larger group to achieve company goals
- Track record of budget and forecasting performance
- A personable, team player who likes to add to discussions and projects
- Must be flexible, resilient and a multitasker
- Willing to learn and be mentored
- Medical device knowledge
- Academic science / anatomy study
- Second language (other than Irish and English)
- An interest in the medical community
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All parts of the business and group businesses
- QARA, Operations, stock, warehouse, dispatch, management
- To ensure the best possible outcome of any project or process
- All parts of external contact with customers
- Face to face - Customers, exhibitions, trials & demonstrations
- Social media
- Reporting to the Sales Manager
- Travel Requirements – 20% home office / 80% in the field
- Some travel to the UK for meetings and training
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.