ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Support Analyst’s role is to work as part of the IT Service Desk team spread across multiple sites, dedicated to delivering an outstanding IT service to the group, ensuring the streamlined operation of the IT Services.
Providing desktop, remote and infrastructure support via the ServiceDesk ticketing system, to 600+ users working for a group of companies. The majority of users work across a number of sites across the UK, there are also sites in Japan and the Netherlands, while a number of users are mobile and work from home.
Ensure that incidents reported to the service desk are categorised and then resolved as efficiently as possible. Support is provided primarily through remote desktop tools or physical attendance, should the need arise.
Responsible for the roll-out of assigned IT related projects within the group, this person will have a proven track record in IT Support and service delivery.
- Monitor Service Desk tickets and provide 1st / 2nd line onsite and remote support.
- Administer Windows Servers 2012 / 2016 / 2019 in physical, Azure, and VMWare environments.
- Work alongside the infrastructure engineers to plan and deploy new Cloud solutions inline with the current IT strategy
- Onsite and remote support for PC’s, notebooks, smartphones, tablets, printers and other devices.
- Support a myriad of software applications including Office 365, Sage X3 etc.
- Advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting.
- Patch Management.
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Provide training to other departments about how best to use the systems available within the business.
- Periodic site visits to provide onsite support at group sites across the UK.
- Provide after-hours support for IT related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance.
- Ensure department policies and processes are followed.
- Develop and implement projects to deliver new technology solutions.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation.
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction.
- Adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- Adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous hands-on experience working in an end-user support role or computer operations environment required.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019 in physical, Azure, and VMWare environments.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10/11.
- Knowledge of automated deployment technologies such as MDT
- Extensive application support experience of Office 365.
- Managing deployments / rollouts of PC’s, phones and servers.
- Active Directory Group Policy and user and group administration.
- Excellent understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Excellent telephone manner and language communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information and with attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- ITIL Foundation
- Qualified in an IT discipline which must include specific studies in relation to IT.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP) or equivalent certification.
- Microsoft Azure administration experience.
- Office 365 administration experience.
- Experience supporting an ERP system such as Sage X3.
- SharePoint administration and site development.
- SQL Server administration.
- Proven history of IT project delivery.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Head of Infrastructure and Service (Cardiff) and IT Manager (Comber) to ensure high quality service delivery.
- All employees within the business to ensure they have no IT related issues in carrying out their jobs.
- IT Suppliers and support companies.
- Willingness to travel to other Group sites for onsite support.
- This role will report into the IT Manager at the Comber site.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys teamwork. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Technical expert – Full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations.