ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Group Head of Procurement, the Procurement Manager is responsible for managing both day to day Site Procurement needs and supporting at a Group level in the development and implementation of processes and systems required to deliver world class procurement and post contract management.
Responsible for deployment of Site & Group procurement initiatives to maximize value for money and assure legal compliance of key suppliers. Provide procurement advice and support to the Site and Key Business Stakeholders.
- Responsible for ongoing management of Site Procurement & purchasing activities and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price.
- Actively contribute and ability to lead the development & implementation of Group Category Strategies ensuring Procurement is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the implementation of supplier contracts.
- Manage Procurement Associate(s) to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure Site Procurement objectives are met.
- Work alongside the Group Head of Procurement in contributing to overall business objectives.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going management of nominated Procurement Category Strategies
- To support the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
- To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and departments in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary.
- To ensure all aspects of regulatory compliance are adhered to in regard to the respective Procurement Policies and external requirements and the company’s contractual and commercial risk.
- To develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and external providers and other agencies to ensure strategic and operational needs are fully understood and incorporated.
- Establishing and managing future demand on suppliers and the associated capacity aspects and the development to incorporate into supplier risk management.
- Act as the principal conduit for formal communications with external companies during the procurement process.
- Facilitate development of relationship with existing and potential suppliers.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Demonstrable experience of Procurement with a proven track record in site or strategic purchasing delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Proven supplier management experience including SRM
- Experience of operating and influencing with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Knowledge and technical understanding of Medical or Pharma sector and components and supply chain management
- Fellow or Member of The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Part of the Group Procurement Management Team.
- Education of personnel across the group in sourcing and procurement best practice.
- Interaction, management and auditing of key suppliers and supply chain service providers.
- Developing relationships with new suppliers and supply chain service providers
- Management of a Procurement Site team of 2 personnel.
- Ability/willingness to travel within UK and Internationally
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Optimizes Work Processes
Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.