ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting role, existing to directly support Eakin Healthcare to advance our sustainability journey. An opportunity for an experienced sustainability professional to play a pivotal role in developing and executing our sustainability plan and educating, influencing and coordinating across all functions and regions of the business. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (based in Northern Ireland), this role is part of the Business Development team whose guiding objective is to build out significant opportunities for the delivery of long term, sustainable growth for Eakin Healthcare. The achievements of this role will directly influence our business wide sustainability response that should align with our corporate objectives and the expectations of all our stakeholders, including customers, local government, healthcare providers, patients and people in the community who rely on our products around the world.
Based near to one of our core sites (Cardiff, Coleraine, Comber).
- Lead and organise the implementation of the Eakin Healthcare sustainability plan across the entire business
- Collaborate with the three therapeutic areas, enabling functions (Operations, R&D, Business Development) and support functions (HR, Finance & IT) to establish best practice, build capability and ensure consistency
- Lead or co-ordinate the leadership of a portfolio of cross-functional sustainability programmes that will need to be initiated and matured in order to help Eakin Healthcare achieve its long-term sustainability ambition
- Responsible for the delivery of all sustainability programmes in order to achieve the sustainability targets identified in our five-year roadmap
- Organise, support and co-ordinate work streams and processes that will be required for our ongoing success, imbedding them into the organisation to become ‘business as usual’ where possible
- Work alongside the CDO to contribute to the ongoing development of the Eakin Healthcare sustainability strategy and long-term roadmap
- Support the CDO to imbed sustainability governance across the organisation and set up appropriate reporting structures
- Help to build, organise and deliver an ongoing multi-channel education and communication plan for colleagues, customers and suppliers that matches to our sustainability ambitions and commitments. - This could be wide ranging from authoring educational content and organising activity, PR initiatives, digital platforms and formal and informal assessments to inputs for company reporting
- Network with relevant sustainability bodies, global and regional, to facilitate profiling of Eakin Healthcare and best practice knowledge sharing
- Stay up to date on all global developments, initiatives, frameworks and standards concerning sustainability, distilling to individuals and teams across the business, as appropriate
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- An unwavering passion for sustainability, grounded in a solid working knowledge of this broad subject.
- University Graduate (Environmental sciences degree or similar)
- Demonstrated experience of sustainability planning, organising and thinking
- Proven success of implementation and delivery of sustainability programmes
- Track record of effective reporting and presentation of progress
- Experience of executing change management in a matrix organisation
- Enjoy working as part of a close team and comfortable working cross-functionally
- Highly enthusiastic with positive attitude
- Strong communication skills, oral presentation and written
- At ease using project management and planning software tools e.g. Mavenlink
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, good command of Word and PowerPoint
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of the International MedTech space
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Chief Development Officer
- All functions within the business (Especially finance, operations, market access, sales, leadership team, HR, R&D)
- PMO (Programme Management Office) for best practice programme management
- Suppliers (research agencies, consultancies)
- Industry bodies and agencies, UK & International
- Must be willing to undertake some travel within the UK and occasionally overseas
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.