ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Product & Insights - Ostomy, the Insights Manager – Ostomy is responsible for the management of all insights initiatives and activities of the Global Ostomy & Wound business.
The Insights Manager – Ostomy will play a pivot role in the development of an insights-led ethos across Global Ostomy and will seek to devise actionable commercial strategies applying user and market insights.
The Insights Manager – Ostomy will create and maintain a formal insights process for Global Ostomy, aligned to our 4 strategic pillars of acquisition, dissemination, application and storage.
The Insights Manager – Ostomy will have a significant contribution to the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, working closely with our Product Managers to ensure that insights & research are correctly translated into user and market needs, and to better inform and support decision making.
Working alongside colleagues in the Product & Insights Team, the Insights Manager – Ostomy will play a key role in helping create and sustain a culture of embedding a user-based approach to all messaging, communication and development of our product propositions.
- Working alongside the Head of Product & Insights, manage the creation of a fully joined up Global Insights programme, that seeks to harvest key insights from both users and healthcare professionals (HCPs), and aspires to be truly industry leading.
- Support the creation of an insight led culture from top-to-bottom of the Global Ostomy business and establish an efficient, formal, and winning insight management process.
- Oversee the insights induction process for all new Ostomy employees and where appropriate, tailor the training to match the requirements/nature of the role.
- Be responsible for uncovering key market and user insights, coupled with the “story-telling” ability to bring them to life, and make recommendations that may impact key strategic commercial decisions within the Global Ostomy business.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to ensure that customer insight forms the basis of marketing campaigns and be consulted throughout campaign creation.
- Using of a variety of qualitative & quantitative techniques, ensure we are up-to-speed with user & consumer trends, and make recommendations to ensure we have an appropriately prioritised product roadmap.
- Work closely with both internal and external clinical specialists to identify, understand and drive improvements in our commercial offering, including management of our nurse panel(s).
- Manage a centralised data bank of global product users for Ostomy, working closely with them to develop an insight and user-centred approach to global product development projects and marketing strategies
- Manage our global insights platform to ensure that it appears attractive, participation is encouraged and contributions are visible.
- Manage the evaluation process of new contributions to our global insight platform, ensuring we can identify insights with significant commercial value and make recommendation for escalation when appropriate.
- Working closely with the Head of Products & Insight and ERD leadership, play an important role in external research projects to bring the “voice of the user” and their needs to life.
- Working closely with ERD and the Head of Products & Insight, support all activity that seeks to validate & evaluate new product concepts with key stakeholders.
- Identify high priority insights for the Innovation Team to research and feed these into the global commercial strategy
- Working in close collaboration with our Product Managers, play a crucial role in ensuring that user and market insights are correctly expressed in NPI documentation and they are represented throughout the project.
- Take responsibility for telling compelling user stories to key stakeholders that brings their challenges to life and that motivates internal teams to provide innovative solutions.
- Play an active role in the NPI stage-gate process to ensure products are brought to global markets in a timely and successful manner.
- Working closely with our Product Managers, provide them with compelling user and market insights that facilitates a deep and profound understanding of the Ostomy market.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- BSc/BA in relevant field
- Previous Insights management experience
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to network internally and externally
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take complex information and distil this into simple compelling stories
- Professional qualification in Marketing, Insights, Market Research or equivalent
- Specific experience in Ostomy Care, Wound Care, Urology
- International experience
- Previous experience of working within a family owned/run business
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Ostomy Global Product & Marketing Department
- Ostomy Global Product & Insights Team
- Group functions: HR, Finance, IT, Operations and R&D
- Patient Advocacy Groups
- Global SCN community
- Wider healthcare networking
- Design consultancies
- Market research companies
- Ability/willingness to regularly travel within the UK and Internationally.
- Support all global / national / local exhibitions and internal events.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.