ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Supply Planning Manager you will be planning the production across your designated value stream.
You will work as part of the supply and execution team but have close partnerships with our manufacturing production management teams, supervisors and line leads within the facility.
You will be accountable for generating production schedules across all production lines, including final packing and sampling, to satisfy customer demand and maximise production efficiency.
- Provides real time co-ordination and optimisation of materials and production schedules within the immediate horizon.
- Create and maintain production schedules to ensure all company goals are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Reduce costs and increase efficiency and productivity by creating effective schedules.
- Play a major role in helping the company reach its objectives.
- Develop a strong understanding of the production processes and be able to generate and maintain effective daily and weekly schedules.
- Solve production problems, seek to improve processes, and help fulfil company expectations.
- Idea generation geared toward moving to automated system driven solutions.
- Design, develop and document the detailed scheduling processes.
- Being the key support to manufacturing on daily operational deliverance, optimising and balancing production lines for the best financial outcome.
- Ensuring planned targets are met by creating and managing daily scheduling processes.
- Continual tracking of actual performance data against plan to ensure corrections can be made to keep on course.
- Broadcasting of progress of production orders and the corrective actions taken in recovering arrears and unscheduled stoppages.
- Asses work orders, evaluate, address and flag variances, as well as updating MRP master data.
- Use resources in the most effective manner.
- Feed in to the strategic and tactical supply plans as needed to support the Eakin Business Planning process.
- Interface with supply planning and production teams to ensure on time delivery of our customers’ orders.
- Provide quick responses to production issues.
- Support the improvement of processes and/or systems.
- Generate reports and schedules through the applicable applications.
- Assist supply planning where necessary and provide cover where required.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- A logical thinker with strong numerical, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Experience in production scheduling via a scheduling application, not excel.
- A desire to work toward best in class.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to create and understand reports in order to make production decisions.
- A desire to promote the success of the organisation.
- Demonstrable high standard of IT Skills.
- GSCE’s (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to block out noise and focus on the right priorities.
- Ability to solve problems proactively and an effective decision maker.
- Flexible, adaptable and eager to learn.
- Previous experience with Sage X3.
- Formal Supply Chain credential (APICS)
- An understanding of fundamental lean Six Sigma concepts and tools
- 5S methodologies
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Interact cross-functionally and cross-site within the manufacturing teams, warehousing and procurement.
- Collaborate with supply planning to ensure the immediate and short-term planning and execution plans are well understood and communicated.
- Occasional Travel Requirements to other sites
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.