ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity to work within a new team, specifically aimed at retaining customers and growing the business.
This role is to provide the best possible customer service to our customers, contributing towards the success of the business by going above and beyond to meet our customers’ expectations and fulfilling their needs in a safe and timely manner.
Reporting to the Care Centre Manager this Customer Retention & Support Advisor role is to ensure all customer orders are processed accurately and monitored through to delivery, within the relevant timeframe whilst adhering to the required regulations. The majority of our customers are individual patient customers who we supply products to on a prescription basis through our Home Delivery Service, similar to that of a pharmacy.
The Customer Retention & Support Advisor will handle all customer queries effectively and in a professional manner. This role requires forward thinking, so you will have the freedom to make decisions to meet the needs of our customers which is pivotal to maintaining high levels in customer satisfaction and retention of our customers, contributing towards the success of Respond Healthcare, growing the Respond business.
- To contact customers monthly to ensure orders are confirmed and placed as needed. Working out the best order rotation in line with the customer requirements and expectation of delivery.
- Ensuring all customer tasks are adequately set up and actioned to maintain a good order flow.
- To maintain excellent product knowledge and to answer all enquiries regarding products. Using opportunities to highlight Group product where possible.
- Maximise the number of existing customers who continue to use our service by identifying customers who do not place regular orders, making proactive contact to secure future orders.
- To revisit customers classified as ‘lost’ to the service and gain commitment to return to regular ordering.
- To maintain excellent knowledge on the full Respond service and demonstrate key benefits well.
- Build meaningful working relationships with and to liaise with GP surgeries and other relevant parties regarding prescriptions, including prescription requests, incorrect prescriptions, urgent orders and prescriptions that are not received.
- Minimise the number of orders that are written off, within set KPIs, due to non-receipt of prescriptions
- Minimise the number of prescriptions returned and not paid by the PPA.
- Keep a fully traceable record of prescriptions received.
Customer Complaints and Compliments
- Ensure complaints relating to all areas of customer service are dealt with efficiently and effectively ensuring total customer satisfaction
- Responding appropriately and sincerely to all customer complaints and compliments.
- Reporting all issues that hinder the delivery of excellent Customer Service to the Customer Experience Manager.
- Record all customer complaints and compliments.
- To attend relevant training courses, keeping own knowledge of the business, products and processes up to date; including completion of inhouse stoma and continence course.
- To maintain a professional image of the company at all times, demonstrating a can-do approach to both customers and colleagues.
- To adhere to customer confidentiality policies
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous experience working in an Inbound & Outbound environment.
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Friendly personality with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work as part of a small team with limited direct supervision.
- The ability to handle queries professionally and efficiently with sensitivity
- The ability to deliver a high-quality service
- Conscientious and able to act proactively
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience of promoting products and services to existing and potential customers
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- To liaise with warehouse and DPD to meet the needs of the customer
- Inform the Key Account Director and Territory Managers of any unusual events
- Escalate customer dissatisfaction to the Customer Experience Manager
- To be the point of contact for interdepartmental requests and to action those requests in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Stoma Care Nurse & other healthcare professionals regarding any issues affecting our customers or their products and to ensure that new customers' orders are processed within agreed timescales.
- To liaise and build strong relationships with GP surgeries to obtain the customers prescription before despatch of product.
- Hours of work 30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday with a 60-minute unpaid lunch break
- 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30am – 12.30pm
- Objective based bonus
- Occasional UK travel may be required
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.