ABOUT THE ROLE
- We are looking for a confident and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate exceptional attention to detail to manage and enhance costings systems operated by the Eakin Healthcare Group.
- They will be tasked with controlling the Group’s product costing and operations’ cost landscape. They will ensure that product costs for both existing products and new product development, or NPD, (either under development or launched) accurately reflect the current, or planned, cost of manufacture. They will be the holder of regularly updated standard cost files and will report on operating and cost variances across the entire operations; including materials and labour productivity and overhead recovery. They will benchmark activities and be a key part of reporting on productivity and help identify efficiencies. They will measure and report against a composite KPI dashboard.
- They will work closely with operations, R&D (especially in pre-launch and through the ‘stage gate’ process) and sales/marketing departments. Initially, they will support cost & NPD control across all divisions.
- They will operate as part of a qualified and experienced team of financial professionals serving the internal needs of the business to the highest standards.
- They will also contribute to success within our procurement activity by setting objectives to meet business objectives and supporting purchasing personnel in profiling products and services; developing sourcing strategies; selection of suppliers; nurturing relationships and negotiation of contracts.
- They will work closely with operations and finance to create and deliver a pipeline of savings opportunities against a backdrop of business growth.
- They will work closely with key departments of R&D, sales & marketing and operations to provide a cross-functional support for stockholding positions; balancing cost and product availability.
- Planning, analysing, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as product costs; raw material purchases; inventory levels; and materials, labour and overhead variances
- Build and maintain relationships with Production, Finance, R&D and Procurement teams
- Analysing data collected and recording results
- Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, bills of materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on operating and product costs
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and explaining variances
- Contribute to the development of operational KPIs for the Group
- Report operational and product KPIs to the business on a routine basis
- Support the forecast and budget process by updating product costings accordingly
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Formal review of product costing models on a half yearly basis
- Design of reporting models for capture and internal audit of R&D expenditures for R&D Tax Credits and related tax administration
- Making credible estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintaining cost accounting system including groupwide bills of materials
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count programs
- Reconciling finished goods inventories
- Development of procurement related business metrics (KPIs)
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Intimate understanding of Sage EM production module and its applicability within the business as an enabler to enhanced profitability
- Working closely with R&D department in operating various product data management systems
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- ACCA/CIMA or similarly recognised qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of operating in a large complex and fast paced accounting environment with proven and demonstrable technical skills
- Experience within a manufacturing organisation
- Attention to detail and competent at analysing data
- Experience of working in large corporates, head office or Shared Service Centre
- Demonstrable skills at communicating financial information to non-financial professionals
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Enthusiastic, Motivated, a Self-Starter
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines to deliver results
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with a ‘right first time’ approach
- Good team player
- Reliable, tolerant and self-motivated
- Experience of Sage 1000 and Sage EM
- Background in medical device industry
- Experience working within a family run business
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Appropriate Industry bodies
- Regular travel to Cardiff factory and other locations as needed
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.
Technical expert –full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations