ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is to provide the best possible customer service to our customers, contributing towards the success of the business by going above and beyond to meet our customers’ expectations and fulfilling their needs in a safe and timely manner.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, Armstrong Medical Limited (AML) this Customer & Sales Support role is to ensure all customer orders are processed accurately and monitored through to delivery, within the relevant timeframe whilst adhering to the required regulations. They will also work closely with our sales team in order achieve the objectives of the business through providing admin support and liaising with customers.
The Customer & Sales Support will handle all customer queries effectively and in a professional manner. This role requires forward thinking, so you will have the freedom to make decisions to meet the needs of our customers which is pivotal to maintaining high levels in customer satisfaction and retention of our customers, contributing towards the success of AML.
- Process orders in a timely manner, ensuring the orders are fully examined for accuracy and endorsed appropriately.
- Build meaningful working relationships with and to liaise with hospitals and other relevant parties regarding orders, including order requests, incorrect orders, urgent orders and orders that are not received.
- Work as part of team to implement the strategies for growth within the UK and ROI market, including daily contact with Sales Executive, PSE or training teams.
- Analyse sales figures to help maximise customer potential by realising up selling and cross selling potential and ensuring customer repeat orders are achieved.
Inbound Customer Contact
- To answer customer telephone calls promptly and professionally and to accurately process all orders including customer orders and product sample orders.
- To maintain excellent product knowledge and to answer all enquiries regarding products.
- To resolve any customer queries regarding delivery.
Outbound Customer Contact
- To contact customers regularly to check they are satisfied with product performance, inform them of special offers or other product ranges they may be interested in.
- Make appointments on behalf or the Sales Executive, PSE, or training team, ensuring these are logged in the CRM system.
- Proactively involved in closing leads. Working in conjunction with the Sales Executive to ensure no opportunities are lost.
- Communicating with customers and sales executives to answer queries and to provide technical support information.
- Maximise the number of existing customers who continue to use our service by identifying customers who do not use our service regularly, making proactive contact to secure future orders.
- Maximise the number of new customers who use our service repeatedly, making proactive contact to secure future orders.
Proactive Order Delivery Monitoring
- Regularly review the status of courier deliveries and proactively communicate with customers to advise delivery times and resolve any delivery issues to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maximise the number of existing customers who continue to use our service by identifying customers who do not use our service regularly.
Product & Account Administration
- Responsible for accurately inputting data to create new customer accounts in accordance with procedures
- To ensure all records are accurate and are kept up-to-date
- To ensure customer accounts are maintained accurately, including delivery addresses
Customer Complaints and Compliments
- Ensure complaints relating to all areas of customer service are dealt with efficiently and effectively ensuring total customer satisfaction
- Responding appropriately and sincerely to all customer complaints and compliments.
- Reporting all issues that hinder the delivery of excellent Customer Service to the Customer Service Manager.
- Record all customer complaints and compliments.
- To attend relevant training courses, keeping own knowledge of the business, products and processes up to date.
- To maintain a professional image of the company at all times, demonstrating a can-do approach to both customers and colleagues.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Educated to ‘GCSE’ Level/’A’ Level
- Previous experience in a customer service advisor capacity preferably within manufacturing
- A customer satisfaction oriented professional with strong data entry and analysis accuracy skills
- High level of process compliance/best practices
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Operationally efficient on Microsoft and CRM Systems, good or advanced Excel knowledge
- Friendly personality with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work as part of a small team with limited direct supervision.
- The ability to handle queries professionally and efficiently with sensitivity
- Conscientious and able to act proactively
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience of promoting products and services to existing and potential customers
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Hours of work 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.