ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is to provide overall HR administration with some advisory responsibility, reporting to the Senior HR Advisor. This is a varied and busy role with exposure to a broad HR remit.
- Maintain HR Database (Select HR) to ensure that all manual/electronic records and the HR database are kept up to date, take responsibility for running mail merges when necessary, set up new records for starters and maintain the online employee system.
- Assisting with HR duties including recruitment administration, processing of application forms, equal opportunity monitoring and scheduling interviews.
- Co-ordinate with Line Manager’s the new starter process including pre-boarding and induction plans.
- New starter administration: right to work checks, payroll starter and benefits administration, and reference requests.
- Maintain Time & Attendance system to ensure time keeping and attendance is correctly recorded, and fit notes or self-certificates are received where necessary and provided to central payroll.
- Provide support to managers and employees on day to day queries ensuring the Senior HR Advisor is aware of any matters requiring action or escalation.
- Assist the Senior HR Advisor to review and develop all HR policies and procedures annually, ensuring compliance with relevant statutory legislation.
- Liaise with external Occupational Health as and when required.
- To act as the first point of contact, providing advice, guidance and support to employees and Line Mangers in relation to employment relation queries.
- Assist with planning and administration of Learning & Development events and initiatives as required.
- Support the Senior HR Advisor/Manager as notetaker to resolve ER issues quickly.
- Provide support for Group Human Resource project activities.
- Prepare HR reports and information for Management meetings as and when requested.
- Assist in administration of annual pay review and bonus cycles, including distribution of compensation statements.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Experience within a HR support role, ideally within a similar environment
- 3rd level qualification and/ or CIPD certification or working towards such a qualification.
- A high level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Good understanding of HR process within the employee life cycle.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet challenging deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel
- Clear communication skills both written and oral
- Ambitious, driven, keen to learn and develop skills
- Good at problem solving, can generate solutions and see the best way forward
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team and able to work autonomously
- Has a passion for HR
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Senior HR Advisor – Line Manager
- Wider Group HR team
- All employees
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.