ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Product & Marketing, the Digital Marketing Lead is responsible for managing all aspects of the digital marketing strategy for the UK Ostomy businesses.
Working in a highly collaborative way with the Marketing Managers for Pelican and Respond, in addition to the Brand & Events Manager, the Digital Marketing Lead will have overall responsibility for managing and maintaining our online presence.
Working with the Marketing Managers for Pelican and Respond, the Digital Marketing Lead will be responsible for the delivery of all online elements of marketing campaigns, in -line with their respective marketing plan.
The Digital Marketing Lead is responsible for developing and executing all digital marketing and social media strategies to ensure high coverage of all products and services amongst relevant market sectors.
The role is critical to providing effective marketing across UK Ostomy and their markets.
- Be our digital champion and oversee the management of updates, design, and user experience on all UK Ostomy websites, primarily co.uk and respond.co.uk, in addition to relevant campaign microsites.
- Be responsible for planning and executing all web, SEO/SEM, email marketing, and display advertising campaigns.
- Working closely with the Marketing Mangers for Pelican and Respond, co-ordinate all email and digital marketing campaigns, in accordance with their overall marketing plans.
- Working closely with the Brand and Events Manger, co-ordinate all digital promotion of events, in accordance with their event marketing strategy.
- Develop new and innovative ways of driving traffic on the website, increasing the conversion rate.
- Working closely with the Marketing Co-ordinators for Pelican and Respond (as appropriate), act as our Webmaster and be responsible for maintaining our content management platforms (i.e. WordPress) for all UK Ostomy websites, to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date
- Working closely with the Brand and Events Manger, ensure that our online presence is in line with brand and tone of voice guidelines.
- Working with the Head of Product & Marketing, be responsible for managing the budget for all digital activity.
- Be responsible for the creation and management of the social media strategies for all UK Ostomy businesses.
- Working with the Marketing Co-ordinators for Pelican and Respond, oversee the day-to-day management of all social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube), driving follower growth, reach, and engagement.
- Working with the Brand & Events Manager and the Marketing Manager for Pelican and Respond, contribute to content and copy creation, and deliver engaging, SEO-optimised social media and blog content.
- Manage emerging digital strategies for UK Ostomy such as influencer and affiliate marketing.
- You will take pride in being highly data driven and using a variety of analytics tools, report on the performance of all digital marketing activities and compare the results against key performance indicators and ROI.
- Working cross functionally across the business, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining all marketing involvement for current and future CRM systems.
- You will take an active interest in the wider digital landscape, constantly keeping up-to-date with new digital solutions with a view to drive innovation within the Product & Marketing function; highlighting new opportunities for improved acquisition and retention.
- Working with the Brand & Events Manager and Marketing Managers (Pelican, Respond), you will contribute to the planning and execution of all multi-channel campaigns and will work proactively to ensure their success.
- Working with the Head of Product & Marketing, Brand & Events Manager and the Marketing Managers (Pelican, Respond), you will contribute to the annual marketing planning process to ensure we select appropriate marketing tactics that complement the overall strategic plan.
- Working with the Head of Product & Marketing, you will be responsible for the selection of Digital Agencies (as required).
- Working as part of a busy Marketing team, you will be required to be part of other projects that arise on an ad hoc basis.
- As our digital marketing expert, you will act as a coach for the Marketing Co-ordinators regarding all relevant digital activity.
- Working with the Data Protection Officer, ensure that all marketing communications adhere to the data protection legislation.
- Support all national exhibition and internal events.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Extensive Digital Marketing experience
- A demonstrable passion for digital and social media marketing
- Experience of deploying marketing campaigns through FB & IG
- An understanding of how to best optimise websites for SEO / SEM
- An excellent understanding and working experience with paid channels management, A/B testing and reporting tools - Google Analytics, Facebook Manager, Google Ads, etc
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Budget management experience
- Highly enthusiastic with positive attitude
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently in a matrix style organisational structure
- Professional qualification in Marketing or equivalent
- BSc/BA in relevant field
- Experience in the Ostomy industry
- Advanced level Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Marketing Team
- Product Team
- UK Ostomy Senior Leadership Team
- Group functions: HR, Finance, IT, Operations, QARA
- Suppliers / Customers
- Patient Advocacy Groups
- UK SCN community
- Wider healthcare networking
- Digital Agencies
- People: 2 indirect reports (Marketing Co-ordinator, Pelican / Marketing Co-ordinator, Respond)
- Budget / resources: In-line with areas of functional responsibility (Website / Digital)
- Travel Requirements: UK and international (as required)
Creativity – Produces creative and original ideas and solutions. Likes to find and explore new ways of doing things. Comes up with alternative possibilities and options
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Technical expert –full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations