The International Sales Executive for Eakin Surgical (part of the Eakin Healthcare Group) is responsible for managing existing international business and growing the network of Distributors in line with budget objectives. The primary functions of the role are sales growth and margin generation, distributor management, product training and development.
The role also encompasses being the face of the company to international partners (including clinicians) at exhibitions, in clinical settings and direct meetings (office and field-based) to support a growing business. The key geography will be Europe.
As part of the International Sales team, responsibilities also include sales budgeting, sales and product forecasting and setting strategic priorities in line with company Objectives.
The company is Cardiff-based but remote working is a possibility for the right candidate.
- To support the international network and identify areas of growth in order to set and achieve budgeted and strategic objectives. This must be in line with Company and Group objectives.
- The International Sales Executive must work internally - to foster constructive working relationships across all departments – and externally - to drive the relevance of the company within the distribution network specifically as above
- An understanding of the Group R&D infrastructure and the Innovation process is important to facilitate growth within the portfolio and engage internally.
- Knowledge of the wider Medical Device market must be maintained to allow for credibility internally and externally as well as providing opportunities for product development and sales growth.
- Work to defined strategic plans to support specific company objectives such as sales growth, product development and relevance within the distribution network.
- Identify opportunities for development of the company and brand outside of the existing model
- Create annual and quarterly growth plans for all existing customers in the territory, with key actions for the accounts
- Understand the clinical and commercial positioning of the product portfolio
- Engage directly with new and existing International partners to manage expectation and support growth and margin
- Maintain and grow existing customer base with new products and reviewing current spend
- Discuss opportunities with clinicians and observe procedures in the Operating Room to develop credibility in the sales process
- Grow the international sales revenue by generating new business, by establishing a plan to win new territories and find new distributors
- Monitor competitors' sales activities within markets and identify gap areas for our business
- Set sales budget in line with Company expectations and with the support for the wider Management team
- This will drive core activities through the financial year and inform key performance indicators – as agreed with the UK & International Sales Manager.
- This process also informs production planning and is reviewed quarterly
- Provide accurate forecasting and execution of same
- Identify opportunities for product development that support key business objectives
- Manage the development process in line with Group R&D as appropriate
- Success relies on the support of all departments, so it is important to be visible and credible across the company
- Project teams (formal and informal) will evolve and will require adhoc management to achieve identified goals
- As a function of sales effort, the Senior International Sales Executive must also engage inter-departmentally to ensure orders are processed in line with customer expectations.
- Weekly activity reporting with UK & International Sales Manager
- Monthly sales reports identifying trends
- Monthly reporting on YTD at commercial meeting
- Quarterly contribution to the Board report and sales meetings to ensure we are continually looking forward to drive company success and sharing best practice
- Attend annual trade missions and manage a booth with the support of the Marketing team
- Present and train at International sales meetings held by our partners to support sales growth
- National travel to contribute to internal quarterly meetings and Management Reviews
- Meet with principles to assess contractual obligations and strategic activities.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous experience in medical device sales
- Previous experience of contractual negotiations and strategic development
- Demonstrable success in positively influencing distributors and end users
- Proven track record of international sales growth and distributor management
- Knowledge of global medical registration requirements, particularly in European countries
- Ability to travel Internationally c.40% of the time
- Experience with MS Office packages and effective use of Team based systems
- 2:1 Degree in Business Management or similar
- Previous experience of working with medical devices within Europe
- Experience with selling disposable and/or surgical medical devices
- Track record of product development
- Fluent in a second language (ideally a European language)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- UK & International Sales Manager – communicate and report effectively on budgeted objectives
- Marketing Team – to identify initiatives for supporting International partners
- Operations Manager – to support production planning and communicate sales growth effectively
- Commercial Director – to share experience and learn from UK sales team
- Quality Manager – to ensure standards are adhered to, support during audits and manage failures.
- Customer Service Manager – daily communication to ensures orders are processed.
- Head of Projects – plan and manage projects in line with development opportunities
- International Distribution Network – to achieve sales goals
- Government (and Quasi) organisations to enhance company image and engage in trade missions
- Clinicians – to indirectly support distributors and identify opportunities for product development
- People: Indirectly work with all departments within the company
- Budget: set, manage and control the International Sales budget
- Travel Requirements: c.40% International and National
- Report directly to UK & International Sales Manager
Creativity – Produces creative and original ideas and solutions. Likes to find and explore new ways of doing things. Comes up with alternative possibilities and options
Entrepreneurial Instinct – Identifies new, sometimes radical, business and development opportunities and drives them forward with enthusiasm and energy. Influences direction and outcomes and copes with an element of risk
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.