Ostomy Production Supervisor
ABOUT THE ROLE
Supervise and staff the Ostomy manufacturing department, ensuring the required standards of product quality and departmental efficiency are achieved. Ensure departmental compliance with the requirements of the Company Quality Management System and associated regulations. Manage and lead the manufacturing unit in line with business planning requirements working closely with staff delivering a harmonious and productive working environment.
- Meet all the Quality Management System requirements of the ISO 13485 (MDR) standard and CE marking legislation including all aspects of record keeping and document control (Ensuring compliance with and adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures).
- Supervise and staff the Ostomy manufacturing department, ensuring the required standards of product quality and departmental efficiency are achieved
- Participate as required in Internal Auditing of the Quality Management System when required, ensure that corrective actions are taken in the event of any adverse variances.
- Engender a culture of cleanliness and efficiency throughout the manufacturing environment, ensure that all operators and machinery perform to their optimum efficiency.
- Maintain a robust traceability system for the Production departments, maintaining Production Records in accordance with the Quality Management System. Continue to improve the use of the computer software systems relevant to the Manufacturing section to maintain stock accuracy / control plus traceability of components through the manufacturing processes.
- Implement disciplinary procedures and policies as and when required.
- Have input when generating Risk Assessment Data for all aspects of the Production Departments including all equipment and processes.
- Ensure all tooling / Machinery are maintained, repaired, and refurbished to meet the needs of the Business.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous Production Supervisory experience
- Significantly strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Leader with potential for further career development
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Production lead
- Other members of the Manufacturing Services Division
- Working hours: 2 shifts alternating 06:00 - 14:00/14:00 - 22:00 Monday to Friday.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Leadership – Likes to take charge of, control and direct the people and activities in their work arena. Clearly sees the way ahead, influences and encourages others to follow their lead in order to achieve goals.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.