HR Systems Analyst
ABOUT THE ROLE
Acting as one of the first points of contact and reporting into the Head of Compensation, Benefits & Data, the HR Systems Analyst will manage implementation of core employee systems in the business.
We currently use The Access Group software; Select HR (HR Information System), Select Pay (Payroll) and Access Recruit (Applicant Tracking System). In addition, we currently use 2 different Time Management Systems in the business, Timeware and Mitrefinch.
The ideal candidate will be organised, with an exceptional eye for detail, proven project management skills, and a background in HR and Payroll systems.
HR Information and Payroll Systems
- Create specification and proposals for a new HR Information and Payroll Systems. To include integration to Recruitment, Learning & Development, the Time Management System.
- Manage implementation of new HR Information and Payroll Systems.
- Coordinate timelines and costings for the various systems.
- Work closely with IT to ensure all network / system requirements are accounted for.
- 2nd level contact for HRIS enquiries that cannot be resolved through local HR Teams
- Performing data validation exercises on the data held within the various systems, so they are in a good state for any chosen future system.
- Work collaboratively with wider HR Team
Time Management System
- Review current status of the new Time Management project undertaken by IT.
- Engage with stakeholders in the business and ensure proposals are still fit for purpose, key to this would be time keeping functionality within each separate location, clocking in and out. As well as integration to the HR and Payroll systems.
- Once review, pull together a proposal for next steps on the Time Management Project, including timelines and costings.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Graduate of Business Systems, HR or Mathematics or relevant experience
- Proven data analysis, manipulation, and interpretation skills
- Background in System Implementation
- Interest of understanding business requirements and developing management and people information to inform data driven decision making
- Project management skills
- Excellent database knowledge supported by proven and significant experience of HR/Payroll systems.
- High levels of competence with MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create and present reports based on data to HR Team and Senior Leaders
- Strong systems knowledge for monitoring and auditing purposes
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build effective working relationships.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a proactive approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst meeting deadlines
- A passion for data analysis, new systems, approaches and methods of analysing data
- Experience of working and reporting using People data
- Experience working within a manufacturing business
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HR Team
- Finance / Payroll
- Chief People Officer
- All employees as required
- Role can be based in Cardiff, Comber or Coleraine
- Ability/willingness to travel within the UK occasionally
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly, and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and does not dwell on past events.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.