ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Supply Planning Manager this role is a key function within the team, responsible for creating supply plans across specific value streams to meet service levels by balancing the resources and collaborating with the wider business. With an outstanding ability to navigate across short, medium and long-term needs, responding very quickly to internal and external signals to deliver across all the planning horizons.
The Supply Planner will be a champion of S&OP, using continuous improvement and digital solutions to help support the key deliverables. Armed with a problem-solving mindset and nimble with technology, the Supply Planner will practice a solve it once and for all approach to enable time to be spent on value adding activities.
Work closely with site operations, procurement, and the demand teams to ensure a proper flow of information and operational execution.
- Integrated tactical and strategic planning
- Program leader within the Eakin Demand and Supply Execution team
- Develop short, medium, and long-range supply plans for items produced internally and externally
- Deliver supply plans to support the Eakin Business Planning process
- Ensure accurate information is communicated to key stakeholders regarding constraints/opportunities versus the plan
- Accountable to conduct the monthly Supply Review as part of the Eakin Business Planning cycle, through efficient coordination with the BU stakeholders, consolidating the supply position and providing an accurate representation of stock availability and supply situation
- Deliver master plans (including capacity considerations) and material requirement plans
- Working alongside NPD and NPI to help support, create and manage supply plans
- Review and manage requests for incremental stock versus the plan and ability to support
- Work directly with the BU’s to understand SKU risks and constraints and manage this back
- Maintain the integrity of system data and information for supply planning including stocking policies
- Partner across BU functions and sites to establish best practice standards, ways of working and associated metrics to provide transparency on performance
- The development and maintenance of documented Supply procedures and continuous improvement of planning processes
- Perform root cause analysis for continuous improvement of the plan
- Supporting life cycle portfolio review to ensure supply plans are adapting alongside the internal and external influences, ensuring the plans deliver operational efficiencies and improvements
- Continuous improvement within the Supply team, contributing and leading as required, specific improvement activities both locally and cross-functionally
Achievement of KPIs
- Meet KPIs including (but not limited to) meeting or exceeding customer OTIF, delivering finished goods inventories to target levels and meeting waste objectives
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Detailed knowledge of supply planning and inventory management processes and protocols
- Experience in an IBP/S&OP environment
- Experience in Supply Chain, including hands on experience in a supply planning role
- Experience with planning applications, ERP, MRP, APS, Warehouse management systems
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management and forecasting techniques
- Previous team management experience
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail
- The role requires an individual with strong communication skills that can adapt their influencing style and presentation skills according to the forum and /or audience
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills
- Self-managed individual who can act autonomously
- Team player with collaborative style and strong listening and partnering skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience with Sage X3
- Experience with visual reporting tools (ie. PowerBI)
- Formal Supply Chain credential (APICS)
- An understanding of fundamental lean Six Sigma concepts and tools
- 5S methodologies
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Work closely with appropriate Demand, Supply, NPD and NPI stakeholders to bring together supply plans
- Cut across the BU’s in relation to Supply Planning best practice and education
- Create a diverse and inclusive network of colleagues from different cultures, experiences and backgrounds and positively influence their work to align with the Eakin Business Planning objectives
- Direct line management of a small production scheduling team
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK including Northern Ireland
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results.
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.