ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Assistant will assist in the financial control and reporting environments for TG Eakin Ltd within the Eakin Group and will have responsibilities for these activities reporting directly to the Financial Controller. They will work primarily with existing accounts department personnel, and where relevant, the Managing Director and the Chief Financial Officer. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the provision of relevant, timely and accurate financial and operating information as directed.
Duties include but not limited to, the administration & management of the monthly and also year end close processes for TG Eakin Ltd (TGE) and Eakin R&D Ltd (ERD) to include:
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly payroll of TGE Ltd and ERD Ltd.
- Providing payroll back-up to other group companies
- Monthly administration of TGE, ERD and EHGL pension scheme
- Manage other EU payroll for journal and payment purposes
- Preparation of the IE Monthly payroll
- Bank reconciliations
- Submission of vat return
- Completion of Intrastat and EC Sales list
- Journal entries including stock valuations, accruals, prepayments and intercompany reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end intercompany stock
- Manage the financial administration of capital projects
- Completion of statistical forms
- Completion of month end files to audit standard including the preparation of all backup documentation
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Qualified Accounting Technician or similar third level professional qualification recognised in Northern Ireland
- Experience of running a payroll system
- Experience of managing purchase & sales ledgers in a busy office environment
- Experience co-ordinating numerous tasks with varying deadlines
- Proven competency in maintaining comprehensive audit files for all areas of responsibility
- Proven competency of working in, and knowledge of, a computerised accounting system, financial reporting and control software (ideally Sage, but not essential)
- Strong knowledge of computer-based presentation software especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of working in a busy account’s office environment in the delivery of relevant, timely and accurate financial information including daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly management information and year-end financial accounts
- 5 years' experience of working in a busy accounts office environment in the delivery of relevant, timely and accurate financial information including daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly management information and year-end financial accounts
- Experience in a specialist manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Experience of using SAGE 200 would be an advantage
- Experience of using electronic document management system would be an advantage
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Financial Controller
- Managing Director
- Chief Finance Officer
- Other accounts department personnel
- Research & Development, Operations and Sales & Marketing managers and personnel
- Overseas Distributors
- Personnel in Pelican, Cardiff (Group Companies)
- External Auditors
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.