Customer Care Representative
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Customer Care Representative is to maximise sales by building strong relationships with customers and potential customers, who have requested samples of our products.
Our customers are typically NHS patients who have a colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy. These NHS patients use stoma pouches and other stoma-related products to help them manage their condition.
Pelican Healthcare manufactures stoma pouches in its state-of-the-art factory in Cardiff. NHS patients regularly request samples of our products and the role of the Customer Care Representative is to contact the patient by telephone to discuss the reason for the sample request. Through questioning, the Customer Care Representative will establish whether the requested sample is appropriate for the individual patient and, where required, will seek clinical advice from our Nursing Team to assist.
Once the appropriate sample product has been identified and sent to the patient, the Customer Care Representative will make further outbound telephone calls to build on the relationship, to establish whether the patient will continue to use the product and to identify opportunities to match other products and services to the patient’s needs.
The Customer Care Representative will also be expected to discuss the benefits of the patient having their monthly NHS prescriptions dispensed through Respond Healthcare. Respond Healthcare is our Dispensing Appliance Contractor, offering an award-winning and specialised NHS Prescription Home Delivery Service, with its service specifically designed for the care of patients with a stoma.
The role will be predominantly telephone based and will be targeted on sales. There will also be a requirement to gather patient feedback on product samples, to inform our Research and Development Team.
- If appropriate and when necessary, act as the patient’s advocate, promoting patient choice and positive patient outcomes in discussing change of products with the Stoma Care Nurse, G.P. Surgery or Prescription Dispenser.
- Diary management to ensure follow up calls are prioritised and carried as promised to the customer.
- This role is a result-driven position, against targets. Success is measured in relation to product sales and new patients using the Respond prescription dispensing service. Additionally, the valuable product feedback is reported into R&D to support product development.
- To ensure that all samples are followed up and data / information in regard to continued use is recorded. To establish opportunities to cross-sell Ostomy products. To supply additional samples if necessary.
- Follow up potential leads by proactively making outbound telephone calls in order to increase the sales of Pelican and Respond products. To increase the number of new patients using the Respond Prescription Dispensing Service.
- To gather product intelligence, both positive and negative, and report into R&D for future product improvements or developments.
- To record positive patient outcomes and grow the ‘family’ of Pelican & Respond product patient advocates.
- To adhere to the company’s GDPR, Clinical Governance and Confidentiality policies and procedures.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent.
- Direct sales, or sales-through-service experience, with a passion for exceeding targets.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written, spoken and listening communication skills.
- A warm, friendly and polite telephone manner.
- Easily builds rapport, demonstrates empathy and builds relationships.
- Experience of using own initiative to exceed targets.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and diary management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in recording data.
- Microsoft packages, such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Respond and Pelican Sales Team.
- Respond Nurse Team, Respond and UK Ostomy Customer Services Team.
- Marketing Team.
- Support and liaise to ensure smooth transition of patients from samples to follow up calls and conversion to Respond Prescription Dispensing Service. Gain and feedback marketing intelligence.
- GP Surgeries and Stoma Care Nurses.
- As the patient advocate ensuring patients’ needs are met positively.
- Budget / resources: to be aware of sample and carriage budgets.
- Travel Requirements. Travel to events is necessary.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.