ABOUT THE ROLE
This role would support and manage the Customer Service Advisors within the Peterborough Dispensing Appliance Contractor (DAC) to provide the best possible customer service to our customers, contributing towards the success of the business. Covering all aspects of the day to day running of Customer service, to fulfil customer orders in a timely manner to meet Quality standards and achieve the Service Level Agreement and departmental KPIs.
Home Delivery Service (HDS)
- Ensuring customer orders are processed accurately and within the relevant timescales
- Supervising the dispensing of patient prescription orders in accordance with the Clinical Governance and Part IX Regulations.
- Number of prescriptions not received are kept to a minimum, and all write-offs are reported on.
- New patient information is processed accurately, and first orders are dispensed within agreed timescales.
- Monitoring back orders and ensuring all parties are kept informed and alternatives are offered where appropriate.
Staff Management, Training and Development of Customer Services Staff
- Customer Services staff are fully trained and can competently promote products and accessories to patients when appropriate.
- All Customer Services staff are trained to the level of competency required in order to perform their Home Delivery Service duties, e.g. BHTA Stoma and Continence Customer Support course and data protection regulations are understood and adhered too.
- Monitoring telephone calls and giving feedback to Customer Services staff on the quality of their calls
- Managing staffing levels, holidays, punctuality, and absence and carry out Return to Work interviews and Attendance Review Meetings, working with HR as appropriate.
- Carry out effective performance management of staff members to include team meetings and regular staff one-to-ones, coaching sessions, training sessions and appraisals. Where appropriate, working with the HR Manager, use the Company’s disciplinary procedures and ensure written records of performance issues are maintained.
- All Customer Services staff are trained and refreshed in relevant ISO SOPs and W.I.s and receive relevant training to carry out their duties.
Retaining and Generating Business
- Monitoring retention reports and ensuring all new patients are contacted within the relevant timescales.
- All Customer Services staff are trained and coached on maximising every opportunity to promote and encourage customers to join the Respond Home Delivery Service.
- Product samples sent out are followed up on, discussing with the customer the suitability of the product to maximise sales.
- Working Closely with appropriate Health Board to ensure adherence within the required guidelines of Dispensing Appliance Contractor.
- Orders dispensed without prescriptions are monitored and adherence to the emergency prescription process is managed in accordance with Part IX regulations
- ISO Internal Auditor
Customer Complaints and Compliments
- Escalating customer service complaints to the Customer Services Experience Manager where appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate records and reporting on trends of customer complaints.
Inter-departmental working and reporting
- Liaising with internal departments, including Respond Customer Support Centres, Respond warehouses, Sales Team and Nursing Team, maintaining excellent interdepartmental working relationships and sharing best practice.
- Actively involved in continuously improving computer systems to drive through efficiency.
- Maintaining accurate Management Information and reporting to your line Manager within the agreed timescales.
- To attend relevant training courses, keeping own knowledge of the business, products and processes up to date
- To adhere to customer confidentiality policies
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Supervisory experience in Customer Service
- The ability to provide direction and support to team members
- Friendly personality with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work as part of a small team with limited direct supervision.
- The ability to handle queries professionally and efficiently with sensitivity
- The ability to deliver a high-quality service and results
- Conscientious and able to act proactively
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector would be desirable
- Experience of promoting products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Understanding / experience in the workings of an effective warehouse or delivery company
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- To report to Care Centre Manager England
- To manage Customer Service team in Peterborough
- Liaise with finance team when handling cash sales / invoice queries
- Inform the Key Account Director and Territory Managers of any unusual events
- Escalate customer dissatisfaction / high satisfaction to the Customer Experience Manager
- Point of contact for interdepartmental requests and to action those requests in a timely manner e.g. Accounts
- To liaise with fellow Care Centre Managers where required to enforce one team mentality and share best practice.
- Liaise with the Stoma Care Nurses (SCNs) regarding any issues affecting our customers or their products and to ensure that new customers' orders are processed within agreed timescales.
- To liaise with DPD to meet the needs of the customer
- To liaise and maintain excellent relationships with GP surgeries and local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) to ensure prescription management is adhered to.
- This role will directly report into Care Centre Manager England
- This role will involve a small amount of UK travel where required
- 40.2 hours per week between the hours of 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday with a 60 - minute unpaid lunch, (including 1 in 5 Saturdays a year 8.30am – 12.30pm) as required to meet the needs of the business
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly, and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
People Management – Enjoys identifying and growing talent, encourages and fosters a collaborative approach and holds team members accountable. Clearly identifies team strengths and utilise these for the overall achievement of business goals.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.