Account Manager - Yorkshire & North East
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Armstrong Medical Limited (AML) Head of Domestic Sales, the Account Manager is responsible for developing and executing business for the territory across the entire AML respiratory range of medical devices and consumables. Achieving sales targets and business objectives selling to key clinical and commercial influencers of business within the key accounts. To understand the competitive environment and the NHS procurement agenda to facilitate profitable growth and market share gain.
Account Managers are expected to drive sales and market share growth within their designated territory in an ethical manner using best practice to meet or exceed territory sales objectives. Account Managers are expected to plan and document their daily call routine to ensure appropriate account coverage. To proactively seek and develop opportunities for business growth across the portfolio by identifying appropriate KOLs and influencers within their territory. To demonstrate a clear understanding of clinical and technological product knowledge.
Business record keeping and effective use of a CRM system to develop a sound understanding of the market is essential with knowledge of both customers and competitor activities. At times, Account Managers are required to work closely with the wider commercial team to include marketing and product management.
- Achieve targets and business objectives as set by the Head of Domestic Sales.
- Maintain profitability and gain market share.
- Create and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets.
- Maintain and develop business with existing customers, through understanding their needs and building relationships.
- Ability to influence NHS staff and decision makers at all levels.
- Identify and develop prospect pipeline of new accounts and adapt strategy as market changes.
- Accurately forecast revenue.
- Always provide a professional interface between the customer and the company using best practice.
- Facilitate ongoing HCP education.
- Understand and keep up to date with the changing NHS landscape and current.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Critical Care clinicians and other healthcare professionals to promote the AML range of products.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings and events on territory and nationally as required.
- Utilise data analysis to guide strategic plan and drive customer engagement.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Ensure company admin is kept accurate and up to date.
- Ensure clinical knowledge is up to date to facilitate clinical engagement.
- Prepare quotes and product specifications.
- Develop effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Wider Internal Team Working
- Maintain current knowledge of competitor activity.
- Actively contribute to wider team strategies and business plans.
- Accurately maintain customer records via CRM.
- Attendance and participation at Sales meetings and National Exhibitions when necessary.
- Communicate and engage effectively with Training & Education Team, Clinical Advisor, Medical Equipment Support and Customer Service Team.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Educated to life science degree level or similar with previous medical sales experience.
- Experience in secondary care and private hospitals.
- Established record of sales success demonstrating a proven track record in influencing the decision-making process across secondary care.
- Proven ability to engage customers by linking their clinical priorities to AML’s value propositions.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proven ability to account manage and promote across product portfolio.
- Understanding of current NHS modernisation agenda.
- High level of clinical and market knowledge ideally in the respiratory therapy area.
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ability to learn new IT based analysis tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Monitors and analyses sales data to drive revenue opportunities.
- Full clean UK driver’s license
- High levels of drive, enthusiasm and passion for sales.
- Must live on territory.
- Experience in Critical Care, Respiratory, Neonatal.
- Clinical experience.
- Previous experience selling medical devices or consumables and/or operating theatre equipment.
- Experience with NHS / HSE Procurement.
- Experience in both Acute and CCG .
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reporting to AML Head of Domestic Sales.
- Collaborating with AML Commercial teams.
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOL).
- Respiratory / Critical Care Nurses and other HCPs.
- Business Managers, Procurement Managers and Supply Chain.
- Clinical Engineers.
- Northumberland, Durham, North Riding, West Riding, East Riding, Lincoln, Lindsey, Kesteven & Holland.
- Travel Requirements as necessary with occasional overnight stays.
Entrepreneurial Instinct – Identifies new, sometimes radical, business and development opportunities and drives them forward with enthusiasm and energy. Influences direction and outcomes and copes with an element of risk.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results.
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.