ABOUT THE ROLE
Maintain, repair and service machinery, equipment and buildings throughout the site to enable the company to achieve its quality and efficiency goals.
- Achieve minimum downtime on machinery, equipment and / or tooling to allow the Operational side of the business to function efficiently and effectively.
- Implement changes to machinery, equipment and / or tooling as required to improve company efficiencies.
- Support members of the Maintenance & Production Departments to ensure optimum performance of the Maintenance Team and manufacturing facility.
- Participate in product development, product design / design changes and new tooling project activities as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in both the Maintenance Department and any site activities.
- Develop and carry out Preventative Maintenance schedules to minimise unplanned downtime.
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers where necessary.
- Support Company projects as and when required.
Machinery / Tooling / Infrastructure
- Ensure all Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) and Routine Maintenance requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform Machine fault finding and troubleshooting activities.
- Perform Machine installation and commissioning activities.
- Perform machine optimisation and cycle time improvements activities.
- Ensure all machinery, tooling and equipment are maintained / repaired / refurbished to meet the needs of the Business.
- Support a Disaster Recovery initiative within the Company by providing the services required.
- Support any building refurbishments.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to on all aspects of the site machinery, tooling and site Maintenance activities (written when required).
- Relaying information from within, and from other departments to the other members of the Maintenance team.
- Manage your own holidays in conjunction with the rest of the Maintenance team to ensure Maintenance cover is in place at all times.
- Work to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Quality Records are adhered too in compliance with required standards.
- Participate as required in External and Internal Auditing of the Quality Management System, if required.
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken in the event of any adverse variances.
Health and Safety
- Anticipate and act on any potential hazards by initiating and progressing any remedial measures required.
- Comply with any regulations associated with work being carried out.
- Undertake any training deemed compulsory for role.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous experience in a Maintenance position.
- Qualified to work on electrical circuits.
- Competent to work with mechanical components, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Motivated / Dynamic individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- PC Literate.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with automated machinery
- Hold a full driving license.
- Knowledge of fault finding on PLC systems.
- Working within a Cleanroom environment
- Working in the Medical Device industry
- Qualified to a minimum of 17th edition wiring regulations
- Ability to use Millar and Lathe.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reporting initially to the Production Manager, working as part of a team of skilled Maintenance / Production Staff and Management Team.
- Liaising with Subcontractors, machine manufacturers and suppliers when required.
- Working within Company Budget Constraints
- Ability/willingness to travel within and outside the UK
- Shift working may be required occasionally to perform essential maintenance or attend call outs.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.
Technical expert –full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations