ABOUT THE COMPANY
TG Eakin (TGE), part of the Eakin Healthcare Group (EHG) is an ambitious and vibrant company within the medical ostomy sector. An incredibly successful, forty-year-old family owned and controlled company, the organisation has begun a new phase of expansion and development. Based near Comber in Northern Ireland, the company exports globally with highly reputable brands and products designed to enhance the quality of life of people with a stoma. Our future ambition is to build on our success by significantly increasing the number of innovative, high quality brands and products we export to new and existing geographies in Ostomy and adjacent categories.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TG Eakin has an ambitious strategic growth plan in place and is undergoing significant change as a result. Consequently, this newly created role of Operations Director will lead the company Operations through a programme of change and create and execute an operations strategy to support our growth ambitions. We are truly transforming how we work in order to reach our goals and would also look to the incumbent to instil and nurture a culture of cross functional collaboration, transparency and data-driven decision making.
Reporting to the Managing Director International TG Eakin and to form part of a newly created Senior Leadership Team, the Operations Director will have overall management and accountability of Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality Management, Regulatory, Facilities, Procurement & Inventory.
The Operations Director will work closely with the Managing Director, Research & Development Director and the Commercial Director to strategize and develop the long-term plan that delivers new levels of productivity and success at the company.
We are looking for long term commitment of approximately 5 years in role.
- Set strategic goals for manufacture of:
- Legacy product – to reduce costs and maintain quality
- Recently launched products – to develop efficiencies within automating manual processes
- Pipeline products – to determine manufacturing methodology in conjunction with R&D
- Full lifecycle production planning
- Devise production capability strategies and ensure delivery of projects, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output through cost analysis
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
- Responsible for development and implementation of best practice procedures
- Oversee auditing process
- Responsible for operational metric reporting
- Create a sense of urgency to facilitate organisational change to deliver an ambitious growth strategy
- Provide inspired leadership and communications across the organisation
- Act as a leader of change. Recognise and execute effective organisational change whilst managing realistic timeframes
- Nurture a culture of positive behaviours, open communication and consistent collaboration cross functionally
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale
- Develop, implement and facilitate the career development of the operations teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with all functions in the organisation and with external partners, to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Accountable for delivery of operational budgeting into the TGE P&L.
- Establish and develop both business and team performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis
- Identify and address issues and opportunities for the organisation
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Ensure continuous prioritisation of Health & Safety, Regulatory Compliance and extremely high levels of site maintenance to ensure the best possible outcomes for customers, employees and the organisation
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Procurement and inventory management including management of stocks held in international markets
- Overall accountability for site maintenance and operational management
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Educated to Degree level in an Engineering, Business or Scientific subject
- Experience in medical device manufacturing environment
- Broad understanding of QA, RA, Finance and supporting processes including CAPA Cost management / Performance Improvement / certification (eg. Six Sigma, Kizean)
- Proven experience in a senior operations leadership role
- High levels of influence and leadership demonstrated by previous professional success
- Comfort in leading through ambiguity and delivering results
- Effective teamwork and delegation skills
- Deep understanding of lean manufacturing, supply chain & operations processes
- Full lifecycle ERP implementation experience and contract negotiation skills
- Validation, ISO standards, Auditing experience
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures
- Sense of urgency
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Driven, persuasive, resilient, personable
- Engineering background
- Experience developing and manufacturing new products
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Managing Director
- R&D Director
- Director of Development
- Director of Industrialisation
- Head of Programmes
- Commercial Director
- Production teams in Cardiff site
- Logistics partners
- Direct line management of Production Manager & Quality Manager
- Ability/willingness to travel within UK and Internationally
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Leadership – Likes to take charge of, control and direct the people and activities in their work arena. Clearly sees the way ahead, influences and encourages others to follow their lead in order to achieve goals.
People Management – Enjoys identifying and growing talent, encourages and fosters a collaborative approach and holds team members accountable. Clearly identifies team strengths and utilise these for the overall achievement of business goals.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.