ABOUT THE ROLE
The Recruiter provides professional and streamlined resourcing service across all EHG companies. This is a hands-on, fast paced role working closely with the Group Recruitment Manager, Recruitment Administrator, wider HR team and line managers.
Reporting into the Group Recruitment Manager the Recruiter will be home based with travel required to all offices across the UK as and when required to perform the role. You must be available for business travel including regular overnight stays in Cardiff and Belfast.
- Develops and maintains inclusive, respectful, and impactful relationships with key stakeholders across the EHG business
- End to end recruitment of EHG vacancies at varying levels
- Meets with hiring managers to ensure recruitment requirements are fully understood and the recruitment process and associated tests are agreed upon
- Writes and maintains job descriptions and advertisements in conjunction with managers and associated HR Leads as required
- Responsible for sourcing, interviewing, feedback and offer process
- Researches and utilises different methods of candidate attraction; web / print advertising, networking events, careers fairs, LinkedIn, social media and recruitment agencies ensuring the most successful and cost-effective methods are used negotiating rates where necessary.
- Ensure opportunities are appropriately communicated internally, via company websites, intranet, ATS and social media platforms
- Help build EHG brand via social media and other creative recruitment campaigns
- Passive recruitment to generate additional interest in vacancies and reduce agency spend
- Evaluates and tracks success of candidate attraction methods used
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with potential candidates both internally and externally, promoting the corporate employer brand through a first-class candidate experience
- Talent pooling: in partnership with Group Recruitment Manager and Recruitment Administrator builds up a database / pipeline of candidates and contacts within the industry and academia to assist with future candidate attraction
- Increases awareness of EHG externally through careers fairs, presentations and networking events.
- Reviews terms and performance of suppliers on a regular basis making recommendations for change where necessary
- Is aware of own work capacity and proactively communicates capacity to manager
- Ensures manager and team members are aware of planned absence (e.g. holidays, time off in lieu) and that appropriate approvals are granted
- Ensures that confidentiality and compliance are maintained always.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Proven internal/in-house end to end professional recruitment experience
- Experience within medical device, manufacturing, pharma, healthcare or med coms
- Experience of developing and maintaining inclusive, respectful, and impactful relationships with all levels of the business
- In person and video interviewing experience
- Previous experience working with HR Teams
- Evidence of working to tight deadlines on multiple vacancies across different departments
- Ability to adjust communication style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Literate, intermediate use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with using HR systems
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build effective working relationships
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst meeting deadlines
- Highly organised with ability to multitask, whilst maintaining flexibility and operates effectively when experiencing change
- Full clean driving licence
- Must be able to be away from home and travel up to 10 days a month. Including overnight stays
- Located near a local airport to be able to get flights to Belfast easily
- Experience using Access suite of software (iRecruit ATS)
- Experience working for a family run business with complex business groups
- Experience recruiting for a graduate programme
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HR Team
- Line managers and SMTs across all EHG business’
- All EHG employees as required
- Agency suppliers
- Regular travel with overnight stays required to EHG sites including but not limited to Cardiff and Belfast
Strategic Awareness – Maintains a strong awareness of long-term goals and plans, keeping the future eventualities and possibilities in mind. Thinks in a global way and sees the bigger picture. Is likely to make impact on future direction and outcomes
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.