ABOUT THE ROLE
Acting as one of the first points of contact and reporting into the Head of Compensation, Benefits & Data, the HR Systems Analyst provides HR data analysis, interpretation and reporting to support the Eakin Healthcare HR team. This includes working with the Chief People Officer & Head of Compensation, Benefits & Data, on employee acquisition projects.
We currently use The Access Group software; Select HR, Select Pay and Access Recruit, however these systems are under review with replacements being actively sought.
The ideal candidate will be organised, with an exceptional eye for detail, proven skillset in data analysis and interpretation, exceptional Excel and data manipulation skills and a strong interest in providing and analysing business and management information.
Can be located from Comber, Coleraine or Cardiff.
Management Information / Reporting
- Design, create and implement HR reports/dashboard
- Create and analyse monthly (and on an ad hoc basis) MI reports/dashboards, including;
- Headcount, Starter, Leavers, Attrition, turnover
- Recruitment, run rates
- Compensation and any other people data analytics deemed necessary
- Work with HR and Senior Business leaders on their reporting requirements
- Compile HR Data and Metrics from the System.
- Create audit reports for local HR teams ensuring data integrity is followed and controlled to local HR
Compensation & Benefits
- Provide annual budgeting spreadsheet on pay review and bonus processes for Compensation & Benefits Manager
- Support HR team with annual pay review and bonus processes
- Provide Total Compensation Statements annually
- Provide ad-hoc pay / total compensation information for HR / Business senior leaders
- Update benefit providers with monthly changes (starters / leavers).
- Action ad-hoc benefit provider requests
Human Resources Information System
- Pulling together specification and proposals for a new HR Information System. To include links to Recruitment / Payroll systems.
- Oversee implementation of new HR Information Systems including Recruitment / Payroll Systems.
- 2nd level contact for HRIS enquiries that cannot be resolved through local HR Team
- Twice Annually audit data held on HRIS
- Communicate effectively with all staff on system updates and answer any general HRIS enquiries
- Performing data validation exercises on the data imported into the system. Spot check data held on the HRIS against that held on the personnel file to ensure the HR data is current and correct.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Graduate of Business Systems, HR or Mathematics
- Proven data analysis, manipulation and interpretation skills
- Interest of understanding business requirements and developing management and people information to inform data driven decision making
- Experience of or strong interest in developing dashboards and/or other live reporting mechanisms using PowerBI or similar tool
- Excellent Excel skills supported by proven and significant experience of advanced functions
- Ability to create and present reports based on data to HR Team and Senior Leaders
- Strong systems knowledge for monitoring and auditing purposes
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build effective working relationships.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a proactive approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst meeting deadlines
- A passion for data analysis, new systems, approaches and methods of analysing data
- Experience of working and reporting using People data
- Experience working within a manufacturing business
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HR Team
- Chief People Officer
- All EHG employees as required
- Role can be based in Cardiff, Comber or Coleraine
- Ability/willingness to travel within the UK occasionally
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly, and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and does not dwell on past events.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.