ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the General Operator role is to ensure good quality products are manufactured on the automated lines using the required tooling and set up. In addition, ensuring that all processes are run in a safe and efficient way and that all quality documentation is completed correctly as required in the company Quality System.
- Carry out manufacturing processes in line with work instructions and quality control procedures to manufacture products of the highest standard.
Machine Changeovers and setting
- Assist in the changing to various model ranges on the automated line and set stations so that the product can be made to the required quality standard.
- Carry out quality checks at intervals specified in the Quality Management System.
- Ensure the documentation is completed correctly to enable them to be read easily and to retrieve information such as process quality results, shift reports containing quantity manufactured and any breakdowns. In addition, clear records to be recorded of materials used in the manufacturing process to enable full traceability should product need to be recalled.
- Responsible for ensuring products manufactured are packed using the correct materials as stated on the product routings.
- To ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained in the working area and all clean room requirements are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job role
- Ability to work well in a team and take pride their work
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to provide evidence of such, if invited to interview.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in carrying out quality check
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Production Manager & Supervisor
- Process Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Quality Manager & Engineer
- Specialist Operators
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.