ABOUT THE ROLE
Based at our Taffs Well site, this role covers all aspects of day-to-day warehouse and customisation work, to fulfil customer orders in a timely and accurate manner to meet Quality Standards and achieve Service Level Agreement and departmental KPI’s.
To achieve the high standards required by the nature of the business, the duties that the successful candidate will be undertaking will be. Order collation and packing, product customisation, stock receipt, perpetual inventory checking, plus general warehouse and admin duties.
Order Collation and Packing
- To collate stock to orders using scanners, pack and prepare for despatch within the Company guidelines
- To ensure all documentation is correctly completed and maintained
- Ensure warehouse and working areas are kept clean and tidy
- Maintain the accuracy of stock always using stock rotation and by promptly reporting any stock discrepancies
- To accurately customise products to the required standard, when demand requires
- Ensure customised products are easily identifiable using the required identifier
- To ensure all cutting quality issues are reported to the Deputy Manager
- Receive incoming goods, check and sign paperwork for group of Companies when required
- Assist with booking in and placing stock in appropriate stock position using scanners and desktop software
- Maintain quality, batch control and traceability of stock
- To ensure cut products are easily identifiable using the required identifier
Perpetual Inventory Checking
- Complete periodic accurate stock checks, reporting discrepancies to the Deputy Manager
- Ensure the quality of the product and storage condition is maintained at the highest possible standard
- Ensure stock is rotated correctly
- Ensure all orders are picked and packed accurately
- Ensure the warehouse is always well maintained
- Ensure regular stock rotation
- Ensure all incoming goods are checked and signed for when required
- Ensure that all functions meet the Company ISO Quality Standards
Measure of performance
- Number of complaints received regarding incorrect dispatches
- Number of complaints received regarding poor customisation
- Has received full training to perform all above responsibilities
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
The candidate should show key warehousing knowledge and skills, with experience of working with computer systems related to warehouse working practices.
- Demonstrates competency in English and Maths
- Experience in using digital warehouse stock control systems
- Computer literacy
- Experience of warehouse environment
- Ability to write clear and concise English
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Flexible and proactive
- Forklift experience. Bendi forklift licence preferred
- Warehouse system experience e.g., SAGE, SAP
- Conscientious and able to act proactively and with limited direct supervision
- Lives locally
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Team of 15 working at the Taffs Well Warehouse
- Working closely with other internal departments to ensure a quality service maintained
- Meeting and communicating with couriers acting on behalf of the business, plus any other visitors to the Taffs Well site
- Hours of Work: Flexible 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 07.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Additional hours may be required to meet business needs
- Must be able to commute to the Taffs Well site, plus also be open to travel elsewhere within the UK
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Technical expert –full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations.