General Operator (Warehouse)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working as part of the warehouse team at TG Eakin, covering all aspects of day to day warehouse activities which includes goods receipt, issuing components to production areas, fulfilling customer orders in a timely & accurate manner, and good general warehousing controls and practices to meet Quality standards, achieve Service Level Agreement & departmental KPI’s.
- Maintain the accuracy of stock at all times using stock rotation and by promptly investigating any stock discrepancies.
- Stock replenishment ensuring adequate availability at all times.
- Receive in all goods delivered to the company whilst checking for any damages and quantities of the items received.
- Liaise with quality assurance for quality checks on all inbound receipted products.
- Accurately pick stock items in accordance with the picking note ensuring conformance to the customer requirements.
- Adequately package all orders for safe delivery to the customer.
- Ensure the quality of the products and storage condition is maintained at the highest possible standard.
- Keep all working areas/racking free of hazards, reporting any potential dangers to the Deputy Warehouse Manager as soon as they arise.
- Use various company applications to maintain accurate records, carry out stock transfers.
- Operate all handling equipment, including Bendi forklift trucks, in a safe & responsible manner.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Be prepared to undertake any internal/external training as required.
- To be as flexible as possible with working hours at times of heavy workload.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at Work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety policy.
- To adhere to the Group’s Quality policy and Environmental policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work unsupervised
- Ability to work well in a team and take pride in their work
- Ability to organise efficiently and methodically
- Previous experience of working in a busy warehouse environment
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Bendi Forklift licence and Counter Balance Forklift license
- Having worked in a similar industry that is a heavily regulated environment
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
- Carriers and Subcontractors
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.