ABOUT THE ROLE
Comber, Cardiff or Coleraine based.
Reporting directly to the Head of Programmes, within the Eakin R&D business, this is an exciting new role providing the opportunity to become part of a newly established Programme Management Office (PMO). The successful applicant will be required to plan and execute projects across the business in addition to reporting and analysis. Critical to the role is to provide support to the Head of Programmes and Programme Managers across a range of PMO initiatives.
- Management of small scale company projects or initiatives to include planning and execution of tasks, identifying risks, communication of progress .
- Assist and support the Programme Managers in day to day PMO activity by providing proactive and efficient project support and coordination.
- Provide education, training and first line support on the agreed project management procedures, processes and tools across the organisation.
- Support the championing and embedding of project management practices across the organisation.
- Co-ordinate the collation of reports and produce summary reports and packs.
- Support the delivery of process improvements in line with agreed project management procedures, processes and tools across the organisation
- Provide general support to the Head of Programmes, Senior Programme Manager and Programme Managers as and when required
- Adopt a risk-based approach
- Adhere to ISO 13485, FDA CFR 820 and associated design control requirements
- Establish and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation by maintaining up to date knowledge of advances in project management
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Educated to degree level
- Previous experience working in a project management environment.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Process focused mindset
- Experience of collating, summarising and presenting information with different purposes and for different audiences.
- Highly organised individual who can juggle high priority and time sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of planning systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Passion for PMO and the role it plays in driving business growth.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards in a similar industrial environment
- Qualification in Project Management
- Strong technical aptitude
- Manufacturing background
- Knowledge of medical device standards and regulations, such as ISO 13485
- Specific Project Management Office (PMO) experience
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Clinical and Regulatory, Innovation, Development and Industrialisation teams
- Commercial, Marketing and Product Management
- Operations to include Manufacturing and Procurement
- Finance, in particular costing
- Manage the outputs from
- Key suppliers of equipment and components.
- Contractors and specialists such as Design houses & IT system suppliers.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently between our various locations
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.