ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, the Senior HR Advisor is the key interface between HR, Managers, and employees, providing proactive, timely, relevant, and targeted HR advice and support across a range of levels, departments, and specialisms.
As part of the Group HR Team, working closely with the Senior HR Manager, the Senior HR Advisor has responsibility to provide HR support to the AML Management Team, team leaders, supervisors and all employees. Key deliverables derive from translating HR strategy and the People Plan into meaningful activity within each business unit, focused on supporting commercial and strategic business priorities.
An experienced HR professional, already operating at Senior HR Advisor level with strong employee relationships experience, with a proactive business partnering approach. An impactful and influential individual, able to be impartial, maintain confidentiality and develop all employee relationships, must have a can do approach.
People population type is biased approximately 70% towards Manufacturing, Warehousing and Maintenance roles, but includes full spectrum of office roles including Finance, IT, Customer Services, Admin, Commercial.
- Trusted advisor to the AML Management Team, team leaders, supervisors and staff, advising and coaching on proactive people management best practice.
- Effectively and efficiently manage ER caseload through clear, concise, and accurate advice, in line with Eakin Healthcare Group Policies
- Report on ER issues to identify risks and act upon engaging all staff with treating each and everyone with due respect and support in the workplace.
- Proactively managed the ER case load apply independence, fairness, and impartiality to ensure fair and transparent outcomes in line with Eakin Healthcare Group Policies.
- Facilitate employee voice to ensure effective upward and downward communication at all levels
- Responsible for ensuring relevant and meaningful employee engagement activity
- First point of HR contact for managers, employees, and external bodies, such as ACAS
- Support diverse workforce from factory floor and infrastructure functions, IT, Sales, Education, Finance, Quality ect.
- Effective advice and guidance in challenging ER situations to deliver a positive resolution
- Work with the Senior HR Manager to deliver accurate employee lifecycle activity from resource planning, recruitment, onboarding, induction, talent management, personal development, succession planning through the SelectHR HRIS
- Responsible for yearly data audit on employee life cycle
- Manage and develop HR process, policies, and procedures in line with Eakin Healthcare Group.
- Provide concise, accurate and timely communication on all HR activity, including letters, documents, presentations, and oral communication
- Work with the wider HR Team to use current templates, for all employee life cycle, letters, employment contracts, within the SelectHR HRIS
- Responsible for the year Talent Management cycle with the Group Learning and development Manage, monitor, and support the delivery of the Talent Management cycle
- Model positive behaviours and challenge negative behaviours to engender an open feedback culture
- Support the development engagement, education activity to drive positive culture and behaviour
- Effectively manage time and workload to deliver on priorities
- Work collaboratively with other HR functions, including Recruitment, Compensation, Learning and development
- Effectively communicate with all employees on process, procedures and employee engagement matters
- Support employee wellbeing
- Adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- Responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- Adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Part qualified CIPD member
- Must have experience of direct line managment
- Significant experience working in an HR role, with prior experience working at Senior HR Advisor level or equivalent
- Experience of providing HR support to a wide range of managers and employees, including
- Factory, warehouse, maintenance
- Professionals such as Finance and IT
- Sales and marketing
- Customer services
- Impactful and influential people skills, able to influence outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing. Able to produce high quality written communication
- Able to understand and use evidence and/or data to make informed decisions
- Self-sufficient, resilient, structured, organised and disciplined
- Good time management skills with the ability to turn work around quickly and accurately
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Full UK driving licence and able to travel nationally
- Fully qualified CIPD member at level 7
- Experience of working within regulated industry, such as medical devices
- Relevant experience within a mid-sized private sector employer, used to working without extensive head office resource
- Experience of working within a family owned business
- Experience of working with SelectHR and the Access suite of HR software
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HR colleagues
- Legal and other expert advisors
- Trade Unions (although there is no formal recognition)
- 1 direct report of Senior HR Officer and working with the Group HR Team on projects
- Input into budgeting and resource allocation but no direct responsibility as directed by Senior HRM
- UK travel occasionally as and when required to meet business needs
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly, and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and does not dwell on past events.
Supporting Others – Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys teamwork. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Does not give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.