ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the Production Manager TG Eakin, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, and work across various functions. Working in close partnership with our Research and Development team to ensure all production requirements are in place for all new product and continuously reviewing and improving our manufacturing systems within the Comber plant implementing change where appropriate. This role is a partially hands on role and will suit an individual who can quickly build professional working relationships, work within a team and enjoy working to a high degree of autonomy.
- As a member of the New Product Development (NPD) project team investigate all manufacturing solutions and liaise with R&D to ensure all production requirements are operational for the agreed key milestones.
- Liaise with R&D Process Engineer to ensure technical specifications and process validation are in place in a timely manner.
- Advise and coordinate with the R&D team on any new equipment, tooling etc required for new products or process improvements ensuring the lead times are considered against project plans for product launches.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the most cost-effective manufacturing methods for production.
- Review existing manufacturing systems and select appropriate modern manufacturing techniques and implement to drive efficiency and quality improvement.
- Continually review existing and new processes, implementing process improvements and keeping under review the effectiveness of changes.
- Will also be involved in process controls throughout the manufacturing environment.
- Work alongside the production team to identify skills required from production operators and develop these to achieve team goals.
- Ensure all associated paperwork and reports are maintained and kept up to date.
- Development of lean manufacturing principles in key areas where deemed appropriate.
- Liaise with other company sites within the Eakin Group to implement new techniques and processes common to all.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- A degree / HND or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline
- 3 years manufacturing experience in a similar role
- Applicants with a HNC will be considered if they have exceptional experience
- Previous experience of improvement projects in Lean manufacturing tools, to demonstrate use of some of the following tools: six sigma, Kaizan, 5S, Standard work, Kanban and value stream mapping
- Expert knowledge in continuous improvement methods to improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), quality, reduce cost, inefficiencies and waste
- By carrying out the above improve customer service levels
- Hold a valid driving licence and able to travel
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 quality systems or the equivalent.
- Able to use 2D CAD systems e.g. AutoCAD.
- Able to demonstrate a Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with Automation and robotic control systems.
- Experience of adhesive manufacture
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- R&D – to ensure all product development requirements are translated to manufacturing.
- Commercial team – through the NPD process ensure all manufacturing requirements are scoped out at an early stage.
- Procurement – to ensure availability of materials to meet key miles stones.
- Key Manufacturing team members – to liaise with department supervisors to ensure skills analysis and training is actioned. Deal with any trouble shooting maintenance issues and ensure effectiveness of key process controls. Work in partnership with the team to support the attainment of production targets.
- Finance – To provide input to the costing model for new products.
- Group – Network with group colleagues for own personal development and sharing best practice.
- Contractors – Outsourcing relevant work, scope out ad hoc projects, source new tools, equipment etc.
- Provide input to the annual budgetary process and contribute to key budgetary decisions.
- Occasional Travel Requirements
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Interpersonal / Influencing – Deals with other in a convincing way that leads to gaining agreement without relying on hierarchy and shows sensitivity to working relationships. Doesn’t give up easily in the face of opinions that differ from their own. Influences others to reach conclusions and gain agreements.
Technical expert –full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations