ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is to provide the best possible customer service to our customers, contributing towards the success of the business by going above and beyond to meet our customers’ expectations and fulfilling their needs in a safe and timely manner.
Reporting to the Senior Customer Services Advisor this Customer Service Advisor role is to ensure all customer orders are processed accurately and monitored through to delivery, within the relevant timeframe whilst adhering to the required regulations. The majority of our customers are individual patient customers who we supply products to on a prescription basis through our Home Delivery Service, similar to that of a pharmacy.
The Customer Service Advisor will handle all customer queries effectively and in a professional manner. This role requires forward thinking, so you will have the freedom to make decisions to meet the needs of our customers which is pivotal to maintaining high levels in customer satisfaction and retention of our customers, contributing towards the success of Respond Healthcare, growing the Respond business.
- Ensure prescriptions are requested for all customer orders required on prescription.
- Process prescriptions in a timely manner, ensuring the prescriptions are fully examined for accuracy and endorsed appropriately.
- Build meaningful working relationships with and to liaise with GP surgeries and other relevant parties regarding prescriptions, including prescription requests, incorrect prescriptions, urgent orders and prescriptions that are not received.
- Minimise the amount of orders that are written off, within set KPIs, due to non-receipt of prescriptions
- Prepare prescriptions for payment, completing required administration accurately and submitting to the PPA in a timely manner.
- Minimise the amount of prescriptions returned and not paid by the PPA.
- Keep a fully traceable record of prescriptions received.
Inbound Customer Contact
- To answer customer telephone calls promptly and professionally and to accurately process all orders including customer orders via prescription, cash sales, product sample orders and Territory Manager orders.
- To maintain excellent product knowledge and to answer all enquiries regarding products.
- To resolve any customer queries regarding delivery.
Proactive Order Delivery Monitoring
- Regularly review the status of courier deliveries and proactively communicate with customers to advise delivery times and resolve any delivery issues to the customer's satisfaction.
- Ensuring new patients are contacted a week after delivery to confirm ongoing ordering pattern.
- Maximise the number of existing customers who continue to use our service by identifying customers who do not use our service regularly.
- New patient leads are generated and followed through to achieve targets
Product & Account Administration
- Responsible for accurately inputting data to create new customer accounts in accordance with procedures
- To ensure all records are accurate and are kept up-to-date
- To ensure customer accounts are maintained accurately, including delivery addresses
- Taking credit card payments and liaising with the Accounts department
Customer Complaints and Compliments
- Ensure complaints relating to all areas of customer service are dealt with efficiently and effectively ensuring total customer satisfaction
- Responding appropriately and sincerely to all customer complaints and compliments.
- Reporting all issues that hinder the delivery of excellent Customer Service to the Senior Customer Advisor.
- Record all customer complaints and compliments.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Previous experience working as a Customer Service Advisor
- Friendly personality with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work as part of a small team with limited direct supervision.
- The ability to handle queries professionally and efficiently with sensitivity
- The ability to deliver a high-quality service
- Conscientious and able to act proactively
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience of promoting products and services to existing and potential customers
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- To liaise with warehouse and DPD to meet the needs of the customer
- Liaise with finance when handling cash sales
- Inform the Key Account Director and Territory Managers of any unusual events
- Escalate customer dissatisfaction to the Customer Experience Manager
- To be the point of contact for interdepartmental requests and to action those requests in a timely manner e.g Warehouse, Accounts
- Liaise with the Stoma Care Nurse & other healthcare professionals regarding any issues affecting our customers or their products and to ensure that new customers' orders are processed within agreed timescales.
- To liaise with GP surgeries to obtain the customers prescription before despatch of product.
- To attend national exhibitions, local exhibitions, and open days as and when required.
- Hours of work 08.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday with a 60-minute unpaid lunch break
- Objective based bonus
- To assist with any other duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Problem solving – Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Quality Orientation – Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends’. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.