ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Product Manager (Pouches & Accessories) – Ostomy, the Product Executive (Pouches & Accessories) - Ostomy is responsible for supporting the execution of the product vision and strategy of the Global Ostomy & Wound business.
All activity is required to be undertaken both independently and under the management of the Product Manager (Pouches & Accessories) - Ostomy.
The Product Executive (Pouches & Accessories) – Ostomy will take a keen interest in the entire product experience and will support our portfolio through all stages of the product lifecycle (from NPI - ‘New Product Introduction’ - to maintenance in market – to end of product life).
The Product Executive (Pouches & Accessories) – Ostomy acts as the voice of the user inside the Global Ostomy & Wound business. Collating and analysing user feedback forms part of this role, as well collaboration with the Insights & Product Managers to translate this feedback into product shaping requirements which would feed into NPI specification documentation (URS - ‘User Requirements Specification’ and MRS ‘Market Requirements Specification’).
The Product Executive (Pouches & Accessories) – Ostomy will support activities that help define and maintain our global product portfolio, ensuring we have both a commercially compelling and operationally effective product offering.
Working alongside colleagues in the Product & Insights Team, the Product Executive (Pouches & Accessories) – Ostomy will play a key role in encouraging a culture of embedding a user-based approach to all messaging, communication and development of our product propositions.
- Assist the management of our pouches & accessories products through all stages of the product lifecycle, helping underpin our global commercial strategy.
- Support post-market surveillance, collate additional in market product feedback and keep abreast of complaints, to aid understanding of the effectiveness of pouches & accessories products in global markets. Combine this learning to make recommendations for continuous improvements. Lead and support in-life design changes resulting from product improvements or other changes.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Research Team to undertake user trials as necessary to inform the product development process and interpret data for a successful implementation
- Monitor the commercial performance of our pouches & accessories product portfolio from a global perspective.
- Monitor closely competitor activity for the Global Ostomy pouches & accessories product portfolio, and disseminate key activities to the wider team.
- Working with Quality and Regulatory colleagues, support any commercial activity required to achieve and maintain MDR compliance across the Global Ostomy portfolio.
- Working with a wider group of stakeholders in the case of changes to pouches & accessories product specification.
- Strive to ensure the highest standard of product presentation at all times.
- Deliver product training sessions for all new Ostomy employees, and where appropriate, tailor the training to match the requirements/nature of the role.
- Maintain technical product records for the Global Ostomy pouches & accessories
- Be responsible for uncovering key market and user insights, coupled with the “story-telling” ability to bring them to life, and make recommendations that may impact key strategic commercial decisions within the Global Ostomy business.
- Working in close collaboration with Eakin R&D (ERD), ensuring that market and user requirements are translated correctly into commercially attractive product offerings.
- Working with the wider Product & Insights Team, support the execution of our global Product Roadmap.
- Assist with the delivery of go-to-market launch plans in order to meet defined & agreed launch objectives.
- Play an active role in the NPI stage-gate process to ensure products are brought to global markets in a timely and successful manner.
- Working closely with the Global Marketing Team, support the development of the core positioning and compelling messaging for all new products based on user and market insights.
- Take responsibility for telling compelling user stories to key stakeholders that brings their challenges to life and that motivates internal teams to provide innovative solutions.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- Support all global / national / local exhibitions and internal events.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- BSc/BA in relevant field
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to network internally and externally
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take complex information and distil this into simple compelling stories
- Previous Product Management experience (or similar)
- Professional qualification in Marketing, Product Management, or equivalent
- Specific experience in Ostomy Care, Wound Care, Urology
- International experience
- Previous experience of working within a family owned/run business
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Ostomy Global Product & Marketing Department (including Product & Insights)
- Ostomy Global Sales & Nursing Teams (including Respond)
- Group functions: HR, Finance, IT, Operations, QARA and R&D (all functions)
- Patient Advocacy Groups
- CORE (Clinical Ostomy Research Expert) Panel
- Global SCN community
- Wider healthcare networking
- Design consultancies
- Market research companies
- Ability/willingness to regularly travel within the UK and Internationally.
Commercial Orientation – Ensures appropriate data is used to evaluate risks. Looks at the wider implications and is likely to try to assess the long-term impact. Influences others and intervenes to get appropriate results
Resilience – Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn’t dwell on past events.
Networking – Feels relaxed about relating to people and soon forges and builds relationships. Works well in an environment of mutual support and information sharing. Is not afraid to direct people or ask for their help.
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Analytical – Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering – Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising – Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively