The purpose of the role is to carry out various operations over a range of machines within the manufacturing unit ensuring products are manufactured to the required standards.
It is vital these are carried out to ensure the company maintain their core values which are Quality, Trust, Service, Integrity, innovation and Value.
3 shift and continental shift patterns available.
- Carry out various operations within the department over a wide range of machines ensuring good quality products are being processed. In addition to operating machine there are other table-based tasks such as assembling literature packs, completed products (rolling outlets) and packing.
- Carry out quality inspection of every product manufactured from the machine as per stated in the Work instructions. Report any variances to standard and seek advice if unsure.
- Ensure the documentation is completed correctly to enable them to be read easily and to retrieve information such as process quality results. Fill in work record sheet when required and complete box tickets to go in every box of products produced.
- To ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained in the working area.
- Responsible for ensuring products manufactured are packed neatly into the containers provided not to damage them.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity at work policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the company’s’ Health and Safety policy
- To adhere to the company’s Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in carrying out quality checks
- Able to work unsupervised
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Production Team
- Reporting to the Team leader/Shift Supervisor
Team Working – Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Following Directions – Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn’t like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Oral Communication – Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.